Over the course of the past year, Riot Games’ competitive shooter Valorant has taken the world by storm. The title features a unique take on the FPS genre, with each character possessing a unique set of abilities that they can use to gain a tactical edge in combat.
Currently, Valorant boasts a total of 15 agents. They are divided into four categories: Duelists, Controllers, Initiators and Sentinels, each class specializing in different aspects of the game.
Today, we’re gonna take a look at all the Valorant agents currently available to play in-game and their abilities.
Valorant Character Names:
- Phoenix – Duelist
- Breach – Initiator
- Raze – Duelist
- Killjoy – Sentinel
- Brimstone – Controller
- Jett – Duelist
- Sage – Sentinel
- Astra – Controller
- Viper – Controller
- Yoru – Duelist
- Cypher – Sentinel
- Skye – Initiator
- Sova – Initiator
- Omen – Controller
- Reyna – Duelist
- Hot Hands (E) – Throw a fireball that explodes after a short delay on impact with the ground. The fire zone damages enemies but heals Phoenix.
- Blaze (C) – Cast a flame wall that blocks enemy vision and damages anyone passing through it. The wall can be bent both horizontally and vertically so you can cover ramps, too.
- Curveball (Q) – Cast a curved flare that bursts into a light after a short delay, temporarily blinding anyone and can be curved left and right.
- Run it Back (X) – Marks your current location. If you die while this ability is active, or when it expires, you’ll respawn at the marked location with full health.
- Paint Shells (E) – Cluster grenade that deals initial impact damage, followed by damage from the clusters.
- Boom Bot (C) – Set down an explosive robot that goes in a straight line, bouncing off walls until it detects an enemy in front of it. It will then home in and detonate on them unless shot.
- Blast Pack (Q) – Like a C4 satchel. Throw it down and either detonate it when you want or let the timer run down. Deals AoE damage and displaces Agents.
- Showstopper (X) – Pull out a rocket launcher and fire it down a lane. The explosion deals huge damage to anyone in its radius. We’ve seen aces with a single shot from this.
- Sky Smoke (E) – Use your map to call in smokescreens that obscure vision, click to set the locations, and confirm to launch.
- Stim Beacon (C) – Target a nearby location to call in the beacon, giving all players near the beacon rapid-fire.
- Incendiary (Q) – Launch a grenade that deploys a damaging field of fire
- Orbital Strike (X) – Target a nearby location, launch a devastating orbital strike that damages enemies for several seconds.
- Tailwind (E) – Dash a short distance.
- Cloudburst (C) – Throw a cloud of fog that obscures vision on impact.
- Updraft (Q) – Launch upwards after a brief delay.
- Blade Storm (X) – Throw deadly throwing knives that deal damage and kill on headshots. A kill restores daggers, left click throws a single dagger and right click throws all remaining daggers.
- Healing Orb (E) – Heal an ally or yourself to full health over a few seconds.
- Barrier Orb (C) – A wall that can be rotated.
- Slow Orb (Q) – An orb that breaks into a slowing field on impact with the found, all caught in the field are slowed, grounded, and make a noise when moving.
- Resurrection (X) – Target a friendly corpse, after a short delay revive them with full health.
Toxic Screen (E) – Deploy a line of gas that can be reactivated to create a wall of toxic gas which costs fuel.
Snakebite (C) – Fire a projectile that explodes into a pool of acid that does damage.
Poison Cloud (Q) – Throw a cloud of gas that can be reactivated to create a smoke cloud which costs fuel. This can be redeployed after a cooldown.
Viper’s Pit (X) – A toxic cloud covers a large radius and highlights enemies to Viper, the duration of the cloud extends if Viper remains in the cloud.
- Fault Line (E) – Equip a seismic blast, hold fire to increase the distance, and release to set off a quake that dazes all players caught in it.
- Aftershock (C) – Equip a Fusion Charge and fire it to send a slow-firing burst through a wall, which deals high damage to anyone it connects with. More handy for clearing corners than actually getting frags.
- Flashpoint (Q) – Equip a blinding charge that can be set on a wall. It fires a fast burst that blinds anyone on the other side.
- Rolling Thunder (X) – Equip a seismic charge, fire to send a quake through all terrain in the ult’s cone of effect. This dazes and knocks anyone caught in its blast into the air. It also deals some damage.
- Spycam (E) – Place a remote camera, once placed reactive to view the video feed. Left click while the camera is activated to fire a tracking dart.
- Trapwire (C) – Place a tripwire between two walls, triggered enemies are restrained and revealed for a short time. If the trap hasn’t been destroyed, it activates to daze the trapped victim.
- Cyber Cage (Q) – Place a remote activation trap, reactive to create a cage that slows enemies who pass through it. Traps can be detonated.
- Neural Theft (X) – Once an enemy is killed, information can be extracted of the locations of their living allies.
- Recon Bolt (E) – Fire a bolt that deploys a sonar emitter and tags nearby enemies, revealing them.
- Owl Drone (C) – Deploy and control a drone that reveals enemies around the map. Once active you can fire a tracking dart that reveals one enemy’s location until they remove it.
- Shock Bolt (Q) – Fire and explosive bolt that damages enemies on impact. Use it to clear out boxes and corners.
- Hunter’s Fury (X) – Fire up to three energy blasts that spear across the entire map and each hit enemy takes damages and is marked.
- Dark Cover (E) – Cast an orb that bursts into a sphere of shadow obscuring the final location. Can be charged to increase distance.
- Shrouded Step (C) – After a delay, teleport a short distance.
- Paranoia (Q) – Cast a shadow in a straight line that blinds anyone it touches.
- From the Shadows (X) – Select anywhere on the map to teleport and reform, will initially appear as a shadow, which can be killed by enemies and cancel the teleport. If teleport is successful, you become invisible for a short time.
- Dismiss (E) – Consumes a nearby soul orb, becoming intangible for a short duration. If your ultimate is active, also become invisible.
- Leer (C) – Throw an eye through surfaces. The eye will blind all enemies who look at – only affects distant vision, so use to take on AWPers.
- Devour (Q) – Enemies killed by Reyna leave behind Soul Orbs that last 3 seconds. Consume a nearby soul orb, rapidly healing for a short duration. Health gained through this skill exceeding 100 will decay over time. If your ultimate is active, this skill will automatically cast and not consume the orb.
- Empress (X) – Enter a frenzy, increasing firing speed, equip, and reload speed dramatically. Scoring a kill renews the duration.
- Alarmbot (E) – Deploy a bot that hunts down enemies in range and explodes, applying vulnerable. Can be recalled once deployed.
- Turret (C) – Fire deploys a turret that fires at enemies in a 180 degree cone. Can be recalled once deployed.
- Nanoswarm (Q) – Throw a grenade that lands and goes covert, activating the grenade deploys a swarm of damaging nanobots.
- Lockdown (X) – Fire to deploy the device, after a long windup, the device detains all enemies caught in the radius, and can be destroyed by enemies.
- Regrowth (C): Channel to heal allies within a radius.
- Trailblazer (Q): Control a Tasmanian tiger to concuss enemies
- Guiding Light (E): Summon a hawk that blinds.
- Seekers (X): Summon Seekers to near sight enemies.
C – FAKEOUT
Equip an echo that mimics footsteps when activated Fire to activate and send the echo forward, Alt Fire to place an echo in place, Use the inactive Echo to send it forward.
E – GATECRASH
Equip to harness a rift tether Fire to send the tether out moving forward, Alt Fire to place a tether in place, Activate to teleport to the tether’s location.
Q – BLINDSIDE
Equip to rip an unstable dimensional fragment from reality. Fire to throw the fragment, activating a flash that winds up once it collides with a hard surface in the world.
X – DIMENSIONAL DRIFT
Equip a mask that can see between dimensions. Fire to drift into Yoru’s dimension, unable to be affected or seen by enemies from the outside.
C – Gravity Well
Activate a Star to form a Gravity Well. Players in the area are pulled toward the center before it explodes, making all players still trapped inside fragile.
Q – Nova Pulse
Activate a Star to detonate a Nova Pulse. The Nova Pulse charges briefly then strikes, concussing all players in its area.
E – Nebula
Activate a Star to transform it into a Nebula (smoke).
F – Dissipate
Use (F) on a Star to Dissipate it, returning the star to be placed in a new location after a delay.
Dissipate briefly forms a fake Nebula at the Star’s location before returning.