Following the conclusion of the IEM Katowice Major, Valve has elected to temporarily remove Cache from ranked matchmaking.
This marks the first change of the year to the Active Duty lineup made by Valve.
Vertigo, the newly revamped bomb defusal map will be replacing Cache in the Active Duty map pool. This means that Vertigo will be played at the next CSGO major in August, the StarLadder Berlin. Other international events will also be playing with Vertigo in the game.
Over the past few updates in 2019, Valve has been making changes to Vertigo. However, Vertigo has never experienced any competitive play on it. Thus making meta and strats on the map unknown to us, leading to organizers choosing to implement the new update later on in the year.
Below are the most recent changes to Vertigo in today’s update.
- Added new cover in bottom of mid, that doubles as a ramp towards “window”
to B site
- Pushed up CT spawns slightly
- Prioritized spawn positions, CTs will be biased towards forward spawns, Ts biased towards rear spawns
- Added corner railing to catwalk on B site
- Blocked two-man boost on top of spools in CT spawn
- Blocked angle over
wallwhen going down stairs from B site towards T spawn
- Tweaked T stairs up to bombsite B
- Tweaked layout of T spawn slightly
bombsitetarget models on sites
- Elevator shaft injuries now count towards the injury statistic
- Fixed various clipping issues
However, the Active Duty map pool now consists of Vertigo, Dust II, Inferno, Mirage, Nuke, Overpass, and Train. Over and above these changes, the new update also brings about a new music kit in the famous song “EZ4ENCE” and a new sticker capsule called “Feral Predators.”
- Grenades will no longer go through closed doors in certain rare circumstances.
- Players can no longer pick up weapons through walls or without direct line-of-sight.
- Fixed certain textures sometimes not rendering when running with -d3d9ex launch option.
- Fixed an issue causing certain areas to not render correctly when
spectatinga player with zoom-in activated.
- Fixed items removed from user’s inventory sometimes showing up in
loadoutand buy menu incorrectly.
- Fixed player disconnect messages to have neutral names when communication preference is set to sanitize player names.
- Added “consecutive_round_losses” value for each team to Game State Integration output.