Right around twenty years in the wake of being made, Counter-Strike has gotten a fix update for its 1.6 version. It appears to be odd to bring a fix update to such an old game, particularly with CSGO being the leader for the establishment, however a plethora of players still effectively play this game. The game has gotten inconsistent updates since the arrival of CSGO. It is reviving to see that Valve is as yet hammering out updates to improve the ongoing interaction of the community with Counter Strike 1.6.
Here are some patch notes that were found on the alliedmods forum discussing the recent 1.6 update:
- Fixes and Updates
- Fixed view demo command crashing for certain demo files
- Fixed ammo boxes visibly spawning when purchasing ammo
- Security fix to client disconnect handling
- Security fixes to console command handling
- Security fix to client/server communications
- Security fix to model loading
- Security fixes to BSP and WAD loading
- Setting _cl_autowepswitch to 2 will now enable auto weapon switching on pickup of a better weapon except when holding Primary or Secondary attack.
It is reviving to see that Valve is as yet hammering out updates to improve the ongoing interaction for Counter Strike 1.6.