We have come across recently to some fundamental changes on the game’s primary weapons by Valve, in which they recently added a new weapon and also made several changes into the general mechanism of the game by nerfing the pistols and weapon recoils.
Image courtesy: SlouthSquadron
Now, what exactly happened? why did community backlash at the mass?
Following the release of the newest weapon, R8. Valve also made some technical changes into the game’s current bearing weapons which included, pistols, AK-47, M4A4 rifles. Valve made no delays in releasing updates which rolled back the recoil and inaccuracy patterns from the earlier mechanism which was brought in after the winter update. So technically, the game currently is back to normal and acceptable at different levels by every contributing bearers.
Unfortunately, our implementation failed in a few ways.
According to the patterns which were earlier the part of the game, AK47 had the crouch inaccuracy of 5.00 which now has been reverted back to 4.81. The recovery time and shooting preferences were also turned. Valve in their blog post also acknowledged that they messed up quiet a bit with the game and they took the gamers for granted.
"Dont whine on here, send an email to ValvE"
Put a message in a bottle and throw it in the ocean while you're at it
— Thorin (@Thooorin) December 10, 2015
Some sort of discussions, community backlash and trolls on Valve trying to be a ignorant developer, made them to revert the changes back to the acceptable notches. Valve also offered a sort of unconditional apology on their CS:GO blog where they explained pretty much about the rant and the mess they created:
We made some adjustments to rifles recently, and those changes have been causing a lot of pain in the CS:GO community. The pain was the result of a few mistakes we made, and while we usually prefer to avoid disrupting conversations happening in the community, we wanted to talk about some of the thinking that led to the recent changes as well as our plan for moving forward.
The official blog also recorded that Valve sincerely acknowledged this feedback and from hereafter, would certainly not make these huge improvisations to game before proper data analysis. They thanked and wished the community Happy holidays with the following: “We’re constantly reading community feedback and while we don’t often respond directly, understanding the community is one of the most important parts of working on CS:GO. Mistakes happen, but when they do, we’re committed to making sure they get fixed.”
Here’s the complete update log on the changes:
- Reverted recent changes to pistols and the AK-47, M4A4, and M4A1-S.
- Other players can now hear the sound of the R8 Revolver primary fire hammer just before it fires.
- Smoke clouds from smoke grenades detonated by burning fire will now correctly cover the ground instead of floating above that area.
- Fire grenades that had been only partially extinguished by smoke will no longer deal damage from the flames under smoke grenade (fix for a bug discovered by jasonRRR)
- Flames from fire grenades that are still spreading will no longer spread into the smoke cloud and will instead spread along the edge of the smoke cloud.
- Fixed up-to-360-degree camera flip in Killer Replay.
- Fixed an instance where an offer showed the incorrect price.
You can view the full explanation on the weapons at their official post.