Only a few hours remain before Valorant Episode 2 hits the live servers, and the patch notes for Valorant 2.0 have been officially revealed by Riot Games.
Valorant 2.0 brings a number of new changes to the competitive shooter, some of which have already been leaked previously. These changes include the addition of the new stealth agent Yoru, fixes to Omen and Brimstone, Classic nerf, and more.
The introduction of regional ranked leaderboards alongside revamps to the ranking system have also been welcomed by the community.
Some other additions include changes in adding friends in-game and a bunch of bug fixes.
Here are the patch notes for Valorant 2.0 as revealed in the official blog post by Riot.
Valorant Patch Notes 2.00:
YORU JOINS THE VALORANT ROSTER See his bio and abilities here!
- This patch we have a small update that should clarify and differentiate the strengths of our Controllers. Omen and Brimstone have been in competition since beta and usually only one of them is considered viable. By giving each more clear strengths, we hope to make both Agents strong in different situations. Viper is on our radar as well, we believe she is underperforming and are looking at ways to help her out in the future.
- Stim BeaconWill now quick cast (no equip time)
- MolotovCost reduced: $300 >>> $200
- Sky SmokesCast range increased: 4200 >>> 5000Smoke duration increased:14.25 >>> 19.25
- Brimstone no longer makes a sound that enemies can hear when confirming the location of his smokes
Omen’s role as a Controller is to bring consistent pressure. We needed to introduce some tradeoffs in exchange for the consistent pressure his recharging smokes provide. The projectile speed decrease here is meant to give Omen more pressure and responsiveness when smoking nearby targets while taking a bit longer to get smokes to far-away parts of the map that he isn’t actively covering. Paranoia has been quite strong for a while, and rather than reduce its effectiveness and take away some of the most exciting plays Omen can make, we decided to up the cost. On the whole, this brings Omen’s full utility price up to a level that’s more comparable with other Agents as well as making it more important to get value out of Paranoia when you cast it, so that big $400 chunk of cash isn’t wasted.
- ParanoiaCost increased: $200 >>> $400
- Dark CoverProjectile speed decreased: 4000 >>> 2800
No updates just yet, but we’re taking this opportunity to say we’ve got our eye on her. We still believe she is underperforming as a whole and we’re looking at changes for her in the new year.
Classic (Alt. Fire)
- Jumping error increased: .4 >>> 1.0
- Increased input queue on right-click: 0.065 >>> .225
- Firing consecutively now jumps in error, starting at 1.9 for the first burst, 2.5 for the second, and then the third/fourth burst will be at a 6.0
- Right-click now has a recovery curve starting at .1s
- The Classic is proving to be a master-of-none choice in pistol rounds, with the exception of jump right-clicks and spamming right-clicks. The spread changes aim to pull the effective range of the jump bursts and the firing error/recovery aim to put some more finesse into how effective you can be while spamming it out. Input queue will help shots between bursts come out more smoothly.
- New Competitive regional leaderboards (Jan. 12)
- Rank system updated, including a rank progress bar, numerical progress, and further distribution changes to make it easier to climb out of the lower ranks
- Immortal and Radiant ranks are now capped at a premade size of two
- New ranked rewards for Episode 1 (pair of Gun Buddies based on your highest Act Rank achieved during Episode 1)
- Many more changes! Read our rank changes summary article for the complete breakdown.
- The “Add Friend” button has been removed from the in-game player list
- Fixed an issue where Omen could sometimes teleport past the buy phase barriers
- Fixed an issue where Omen could plant the Spike while elevated on a Sage wall
- Fixed an issue where players on the opposing team could be seen on the minimap long after leaving a line of sight
- Fixed an issue where the desktop resolution was not restored after alt-tabbing from the game when playing in fullscreen mode, at lower-than-native resolution. Thank you to player fl0m for bringing this to our attention!
- Fixed an issue introduced in the 1.14 patch that incorrectly calculated client ping by including client frame time in the calculation
- Preview videos for weapon levels currently don’t have audio.
- Rest assured, the skins still have respective audio in-game, we just have some issues with audio for preview videos found in the Store and Collections.