Valve has shipped a new update to CSGO today, and it brings with it a number of map changes to the competitive shooter alongside a bunch of other miscellaneous fixes.
The newly-added map Anubis received some major changes with this update, with some of the notable ones being the addition of a new hip cover on the plateau near B main, the addition of a scaffolding on A catwalk to prevent the boost through the window to T stair, and clipping improvements throughout the map.
Maps like Blagai, Cascade, and Ember have also received a number of minor changes in this new CSGO update.
Other changes introduced through the September 8th CSGO update include improved Steam Input support for mouse and keyboard input on Steam Deck, reduction of game launch time, and various fixes.
Here are the detailed patch notes for the new CSGO update as stated on the official patch notes page by Valve.
CSGO Update Release Notes for 9/7/2022
- Improved Steam Input support for mouse and keyboard input on Steam Deck.
- Improved game startup I/O to reduce game launch time.
- Improved user interface flow when cycling through weapon case items in Agent View (thanks, @AquaIsMissing and @_ale_cs).
- Fixed an incorrect inventory limit warning shown to users with many items in Storage Units.
- Fixed an exploit that would allow the player’s camera to become detached from their eye position.
- Added a hip cover on the plateau near B main.
- Clipped the large stone cover on CT mid for smoother movement.
- Added a scaffolding on A catwalk to prevent the boost through the window to T stair at the canal. (Thanks poseidonskiy rofls).
- Allowed players to silently drop down from A long.
- Fixed stones colliding with the tarp on A catwalk.
- Removed stone at A sewer.
- Aligned floating pillar on A with the floor.
- Removed left-over clips on A main. (Thanks Hentie!).
- Removed clips on the stairs that bounce off grenades (Thanks Guidetti & dr!zzle).
- Clipping improvements (Thanks dr!zzle!).
- Cleaned up clipping under the bridge (Thanks Fnugz for your sacrifice).
- Fixed pixelwalk on window frame (thanks Kerr).
- Increased C4 explosion radius.
- Fixed various visual bugs.
- Added back a few visual details; ToOpenGL fix shouldn’t be affected; FPS sacrifice is minimal.
- Angled ladder in lower main; gives cover to Ts and worsens it as a camping spot for CTs.
- Clipping fixes.
- Removed self-boost in upper main near the bridge.
- Renamed Crater to Water Tower.
- A new water tower has been erected at Water Tower.
- Changed doors used throughout the map.
- Added sounds when doors are opened and closed.
- Gave cannons a new particle effect when firing.
- Fixed situation where cannonball may not damage players.
- Actually fixed cannons icon this time.
- Fixed weapon crate ammo spawning in floor near Apartments.
- Fixed lots of minor bugs (thanks Joaokaka1998).