Valorant is a multiplayer game that is enjoyed at its fullest when you play with your friends. There is always a regional hurdle when you try to enjoy any Riot Games’ titles. One cannot select the region as they are assigned with a region from where they registered their Riot ID. If you still want to enjoy Valorant with your friends overseas, you can do so by trying these following methods.
There used to be a region selection option whenever one opted to create a new ID but recently, Riot games changed that system and now they assign you the closest region from where you belong.
If you have created an ID in India, then chances are your ID is already assigned to South Asia or SEA region. Still, there are two simple methods to change the regions:
Create a new Riot ID:
This is the simplest method to enjoy the game from a completely different region. As mentioned above, Riot assigns the region based on your location and hence, you can simply create a new ID by using a VPN and then enjoy the game permanently from that region. To do so, follow these steps:
- By using any VPN you trust, connect to the region from which you want to play.
- Click here to create a new ID.
- Once a new ID is created, you can switch off the VPN and just log in through Valorant and enjoy the game from a different location.
By using this method, what you essentially do is just create a new ID in a new region hence you can play in those respective servers. Also, VPN is only required once, and hence this is the simplest method to change the region by creating a completely new ID. Log in with this new region-specific id to play with your abroad friends.
Manually Change your region:
If you do not wish to create a new ID, there is another solution but this one might take some time and is probably irreversible. Here, what you basically have to do is to head onto the official website and change your region manually but once chanced, the chances are you cannot revert it back to the original and will get stuck to the new region forever. Here is how to do so:
- Head to the Valorant Support page and log in.
- After login, the region from which your account registers will be showcased, change it to whichever one you desire.
- After confirmation, the region will be changed to the newly selected area.
- If the steps above don’t work. You can submit a ticket with the region change request and the officials will help you with the issue.
The biggest downside for using this method is that your account won’t be reverted back to your original region hence be careful while making the decision. We recommend you to simply create a new ID for playing cross-region.
Be ready to play with your friends throughout the planet by using these two simple methods. While the ping won’t be in your favor, your friends will be there to back you up and most importantly you can enjoy their company in Valorant.