Following the Prisma 2 case, Valve has introduced the new Fracture Case with 17 new skins from community artists, along with fixed VPK tampering exploits with improvements made to SDR networking protocol.
The Fracture Case introduces 17 new community skins with an AK-47 and Desert Eagle of covert rarity, and 3 of each and every other rarity. The cosmetics are themed around the new map with a medieval tone to them. Multiple improvements to SDR networking protocol has been introduced with improved SDR routing selection logic besides fixed SDR networking sessions preventing reuse after expiration improved stability of your network connection.
The -untrusted launch option has been revoked and can no longer be used also exploits that tamper the VPK files has been fixed.
New playground Mutiny has gone through several improvements, with optimizations improving performance all over the map including improved lighting and contrast helping in better visibility. Missing textures around the map has been fixed and minor geographical changes to different areas of the map has been introduced. The new main menu background movie for the map has been updated.
Swamp also shares a similar story with the same optimization improvements with significant performance improvements to all parts of the map. Brightness and contrast tuning to help with visibility improved radar and clipping fixes.
In conclusion, this update has certain elements to it that we needed but never asked for, as Source 2 still remains the cruel mistress, that we long for. The optimization fixes to the maps, benefits some, while it is useless for people who play only competitive. The network and exploit fixes helps players of all sorts, who suffered from network issues until today.
The Fracture Collection:
[ FRACTURE CASE ]
– Introducing the Fracture Case, featuring designs from over 17 community artists-designed weapon finishes, and the Shattered Web Knives as rare special items.
[ MISC ]
– Updated main menu movie for Mutiny.
– Fixed several exploits related to VPK tampering.
– The -untrusted launch option is no longer supported
[ NETWORKING ]
– Multiple improvements to SDR networking protocol:
— Improved SDR routing selection logic
— Fixed SDR networking sessions to not be reused after expiration
— Improved stability
[ MAPS ]
– Fixed some clipping, z fighting, invisible surface bugs
– Fixed being able to spot enemies through wall near bridge. (thanks Chaelin!)
– Removed palm tree shadow at bridge
– Fixed wallbang at B main route
– Fixed weapons falling through stairs and other parts of the floor.
– Re-added the grenade windows to B.
– New skin for double door at middle.
– Various minor fixes.
– Significant improvement in performance in all areas of the map (Thanks Joaokaka1998 for testing!)
– Adjusted fade distances to improve performance
– Added more hint/skip brushes to separate certain visleaves
– Added ivy models to prop combine to increase performance when multiple are rendered at once
– Lowered part of the wall on A Site
– Modified rock formation at upper T to A into a brick wall to improve visibility and grenade potential
– Added cover at mid to B connector
– Removed cover at exit of mid to A connector
– Removed cover at Side Path near the back of A Site
– Adjusted position of cover at Catwalk
– Adjusted position of cover at T to A Lower
– Raised height of ceiling clipping around A Site & CT to A, allowing players to get on top of the wall on A Site
– Raised height of ceiling clipping around CT entrance to B
– Adjusted deathmatch spawn position near A Site
– Adjusted environment lighting to give a better visual contrast
– Fixed flickering of multiple bush props across the map
– Removed shadows for some foliage models, such as those seen at The Squid building
– Fixed missing textures on various displacements around the map
– Fixed various floating models around the map (windows, lamps, etc.)
– Improved clipping of wooden pillars at Dock
– Tweaked clipping around rock at T to A Upper
– Fixed numerous bomb stuck spots (thanks Joaokaka1998!)
– Bomb now teleports back to dry land if player drops it while stood on the small boat
– Added multiple bomb reset triggers around A Site, B Site and Dock
– Fixed incorrectly rotated tarp model at Dock
– Removed foliage on A Site wall
– Modified treasure map in T spawn ship to have a more accurate name applied to it
– Updated overview
– Swamp has now great FPS
– Replaced water material
– Made it brighter in some areas
– Updated radar
– Fixed some more clipping
– Closed the corner near the old saw blades by the backroom
– Made recess in wall at T-entrance
– Made brighter background in corner near T-entrance
– Closed a gap where a weapon could fall in between