InnerSloth’s 2018 title Among Us has been the center of attraction in the video game world over the past few months. The game received an unprecedented amount of traction and rose towards the top of the Steam charts in a short span of time, surpassing the likes of Fall Guys or PUBG.
Due to the game rising to fame out of nowhere in only a couple of months, there have been constant server issues due to them not being prepared to handle traffic of this size. Occasionally, users have reported Among Us servers crashing in the middle of a game and worse, going down for some time.
When the Among Us servers go down, players are unable to join or create any games but are instead greeted with an error saying that the user has been disconnected from the game.
While it’s impossible to predict when the servers will go out, we know that it can be super annoying when you find yourself in a similar scenario, and that’s why we’re gonna state how you can check the status of Among Us servers and see if the servers are down. We’ll also include ways on how to fix the problem if the problem lies in your computer.
- Check the Subreddit: The Among Us subreddit is probably your best bet to find out if there’s a problem with the servers. In case there’s an outage, the sub will be flooded with posts complaining about the server issues. In case there isn’t, you’re probably one of the first people to notice the server problems, feel free to make a thread regarding your problem, and with some luck, it’ll get noticed by the mods.
- Check Twitter: The Among Us Devs regularly share news about the game through their Twitter handle. If your game is disrupted by scheduled maintenance, you might find the announcement by checking on their Twitter. Consider turning on your notifications on the InnerSloth Twitter if you want to know about announcements or maintenance earlier than others.
- Ask a Friend: Probably one of the simpler ways to figure out if there’s a problem with the servers, just go ask a friend! If your friends can’t log into the game either, chances are high that the servers are down globally.
- Restart Your Router/Modem: If there’s a problem with your internet connection, restarting your modem or router might just be enough to fix all your connection issues. Turn off your router, wait for a solid 5-10 minutes, then turn it back on and try to join the servers.
- Restart Your PC: If restarting your router didn’t fix the problem, restarting your PC is your next viable option.
- Verify Game Cache: If you’re playing through Steam, your game files may be corrupted, causing this problem. Verifying your game files may solve your issue. To do so, go to Steam library, right click on Among Us, go to properties, and verify the game integrity. It won’t take long and will fix any files that are missing or corrupted.
- Reinstall the Game: This might be your last resort. Fully wipe out the game from your system and download a fresh copy from the Steam store. Unless the problem lies with your ISP, this will surely fix it.
If everything else fails, you’ll have to contact your ISP and ask them to resolve this issue. The developers have already announced that they’re working hard to solve the server problems, so rest assured that it’ll only be a matter of time until the servers return to normal.