With the conclusion of VCT Masters Copenhagen on Sunday, where the EMEA Dark horses of FPX beat Asia’s Kings of Paper Rex,we found the Champions of Copehagen. With Valorant Champions just around the corner, August 7th would mark the beginning of VCT EMEA LCQ.
The teams representing EMEA at Valorant Champions via Circuit points are FunPlus Phoenix and Fnatic, with both FPX and Fnatic having significantly higher points than their contemporaries to make it to Valorant Champions. There only remains one more slot for the EMEA region, which is to be filled from the LCQ.
To remind you, LCQ or Last Chance Qualifiers are the regional tournaments between the region’s top eight or top 10 teams, out of which one team wins a chance to represent their region at Valorant Champions.
For the EMEA region, the teams which would play the VCT EMEA LCQ would be as follows:
- G2 Esports ( hoody, Meddo, Mixwell, AvovA, nukkye)
- M3 Champions(Redgar, Sheydos, nAts, Chronicle +1)
- Team Liquid (Jamppi, Nivera, soulcas, Scream +1)
- Guild Esports(Sayf, Koldamenta, Trexx, Leo, Russ)
- Natus Vincere( Cloud, zeddy, dinkzj, 7ssk7, duno)
- BBL Esports (Turko, Arslan, aimDLL, Qutionerx, CyderX, Muj)
- Ascend (MONSTEERR, vakk, cNed, starxo, zeek)
- OG LDN UTD (Boo, feqew, Destrian, MOLSI, hype)
These teams would battle it out in a Double Elimination bracket tournament. Only one of these eight teams would book their ticket to Instanbul Turkey to attend the Valorant Champions as the EMEA representatives.
The action kicks off on August 7th at 04:00 PM, with the exact schedule yet to be announced. The top-seeded team in the points table would play the last-seeded team, while the second would play eight. The current bracket of VCT EMEA LCQ looks like the following:
Teams will play the matches online and from their bootcamps. The rosters for the teams are likely to be changed, with most teams having only four active members.
Stay tuned as we will bring you more on LCQs from other regions.