It has only been a few days since the Valorant Episode 5 Act 2 update hit the live servers, and the patch notes for the upcoming PBE (Public Beta Environment) update has already been revealed by Riot Games.
Valorant’s 5.04 patch has been a bit underwhelming to say the least. Despite being the introduction of a new Act, the update didn’t bring much with it other than a fresh Battle Pass. However, the improvements to the game’s crosshair system has been appreciated by the community.
Fans were hoping that the patch 5.05 would bring some big changes to the game, and with the release of the PBE patch notes for the update, we can finally get an idea about what the new update has in store for us.
Valorant 5.05 PBE Patch Notes
PBE will close at 11am PDT Monday, Aug 29
AUG 26 weekend PBE will focus on general Patch stability.
Prerequisites to be noted before reporting a bug
- A bug will ideally be accompanied with a screenshot or a video. This provides credibility to your report.
- Steps to recreate the bugs should be submitted if possible. This helps Rioters recreate the bug and helps them find the cause behind it.
Format when reporting a bug: When reporting a bug, please provide as much information as you can about your computer.
• Type of Bug: Client Bug, In Game Bug, etc.
• Description: Describe what was the bug that occurred.
• Video / Screenshot: Insert screenshot (F12 in game) or Video of the bug occurring.
• Steps to reproduce: Provide the steps necessary if someone else had to reproduce the bug.
• Expected result: What should have been the result when you follow the steps mentioned above.
• Observed result: What was the result you obtained when you followed the steps mentioned above?
• Reproduction rate: If you try to recreate the bug how successful are you in causing it to occur? (1/10 : Occurs once every 10 tries, 5/10 : Occurs 5 times out of 10, 10/10 : Happens every single time)
• System specs: Processor, Video card, Ram, HDD/SSD, everything you can provide, even drivers.
• Type of Bug: Matchmaking
• Description: Matchmaking doesn’t work properly
• Insert Video / Screenshot of the incident
• Reproduction rate: 10/10 (happened 10 out of 10 times)
• Steps to reproduce: Try to launch a game
• Expected result: Match starting
• Observed result: Getting stuck in infinite queue
• System Specs: Intel i5 Processor, Windows 7, Nvidia Graphics card (insert model number) etc.
Here are the changes listed in the 5.05 PBE patch notes for Valorant:
That’s it, unfortunately. This weekend’s PBE patch will focus on improving the stability of the game. While these are just the PBE patch notes and the actual contents of the patch may differ, don’t expect to see any big change in the upcoming Valorant update.
That’s everything you need to know about the Valorant 5.05 PBE patch notes. If you’re curious about how to sign up for the Valorant PBE, you can check out our detailed instructions here.