Mumbai Esports Championship is a unique gaming championship which accentuates on catering to the backbone of the ecosystem as the fundamental concept relies on the Cafe owners and the offline cafe goers. MESC 2019 will be having Cafe Owners forming their own teams and engaging participants in the Home – Away format set to take place for the first time in India. The event will feature three games which are PUBG Mobile, FIFA 20 and Counter Strike: Global Offensive.
Immortals India Gaming Enterprise in association with WD_Black, SanDisk, XPG, Circle Gaming & NVIDIA proudly present Mumbai Esports Championship 2019. We will get to witness hardcore gamers battle it out for a prestigious trophy & prize money. MESC 2019 is dedicated towards uplifting and scouting various cafe talents from Mumbai/Navi Mumbai. This event will bring together gamers from different genres and give them a platform to showcase their talent & reign supreme. Qualifiers begins from 21stDecember, 2019.
The main purpose of the tournament is to provide a standardized platform for amateur hardcore gamers wherein they can showcase their talent & create a viable career in Esports. Since MESC is focused towards uplifting amateurs in the scene, Immortals India have laid down strict rules that the teams should abide by. Cafe owners will form a team, under their banner & they have three options for team formation.
- Team of 2 Professional Players + 3 Amateur Players (Amateur Substitute)
- Team of 1 Professional Player + 4 Amateur Players (Amateur/Pro Substitute)
- Team of 5 Amateur Players.
The tournament format is divided into 3 phases and here are the complete details:
- 64 teams participate in open qualifiers
- Knockout Format
- Venue: EXC India – Game Changer, Wadala
- Dates – 21st and 22ndDecember.
- 32 teams will be divided into 8 groups of 4 teams each
- BO1 Format
- 1 Winner from each group
- League format for each group in Phase 2
- 4 Teams in one group [ AvsB | AvsC | AvsD | BvsC | BvsD | CvsD ]
- 6 Matches for each group
Venus for Phase2:
- Level up, Koparkhairane– 28& 29 December 2019
- Destino, Bhandup – 28& 29 December 2019
- Global Gaming Cafe, Vashi – 4&5January2020
- Circle Gaming, Vile Parle – 4&5 January 2020
Dates for phase 2
- 28 and 29 December 2019
- 4 and 5 January 2020
- Dates: Every weekend from 11 January – 2 February 2020
- Top 8 teams to be split into 2 groups for 4 teams each
- Venues: TBD based on Phase 2
- Each group to play each other in Home – Away format
- Other 3 teams in a group will travel to their opponent’s home ground
- BO2 format for each match
- Points System:
- Away Win – 5 Points
- Home win – 3 Points
- Draw – 1 Point
Player privileges post phase 2 include:
- Players shall receive travel allowance for each match
- Immortals India shall make monetary provisions during their match at each venue
- Top 8 Teams shall receive exclusive Team Merchandise – Jerseys
- F & B provisions at each venue for the players
- Exclusive Digital PR coverage for players
- Finalists to be branded across all cafes in Mumbai prior to Finale
Attendees can expect to see a lot on the day of the grand finale. Right from PUBG Mobile Squads fighting for that chicken dinner as well as veteran Cs 1.6 teams eagerly awaiting the glorious trophy. An ultimate matchup between top two Cs Go teams on LAN. Fifa players skilling it out for a grand trophy alongside an exclusive chance to see your favourite anime/game character come to life at the cosplay competition. Interactive sessions with professionals from the industry to boost up your knowledge about the gaming scene in India.
For those who can’t make it to LAN can catch all the action live right here.
Stay tuned for more exciting news and updates!