Epic Games is going to unveil another Fortnite collaboration soon. This time Fortnite will collab with the American hip hop group Wu-Tang Clan.
Epic Games is well-known for the collaborations they’ve arranged for Fortnite, with new cosmetics being introduced to the game on a regular basis. The season began with Doctor Strange and The Prowler in the Battle Pass, and more cooperation skins have appeared as the season has proceeded. Mary Jane Watson and Chloe Kim Fortnite skins were launched on March 23rd, followed by two Assassins Creed costumes. Wu-Tang x Fortnite is a new partnership that has all but been announced. This is everything you need to know about this cooperation.
Fortnite x Wu-Tang Clan Collab
There were no new skins added to the unencrypted files in the most recent Fortnite update, 20.20. Epic encrypts skins that they don’t want data miners to see, including cooperation cosmetics.
ShiinaBR, a popular data miner, tweeted that one of the most influential hip-hop groups would be joining Fortnite this week, but there was no further information at the moment.
“Wu-Tang is Forever” emote! pic.twitter.com/JPAvbx99p8— Shiina (@ShiinaBR) April 21, 2022
It was recently announced that on April 23 at 8 PM ET, the cultural icons are bringing a style revolution to the Fortnite community with a variety of Wu Wear items. The Wu-Tang Fortnite partnership will contain two outfits, two back blings, one pickaxe, and other items. Both clothes will have at least two different styles, and the Back Bling will react to music.
The Shimmy Surfer glider, Wu Wrap, the aforementioned emote, as well as a spray, loading screen, and emoticons, are among the other Wu-Tang Clan goods coming to Fortnite. All things will be available for purchase on Saturday, April 23, 2022, at 8 p.m. ET. It’s unknown when the items will be removed from the store or if the Wu-Tang Clan would play an in-game concert, as other musicians have done previously.
Fortnite Wu-Tang announcement highlights
THE WU-TANG ITEMS
- Players can choose from two iconic Outfits (Throwback BG and B.R.I.T.E) and matching accessories in the Fortnite Item Shop.
- Outfits are available individually or together in the Wu Wear Bundle. This bundle additionally includes the Wu-Tang Hands Emoticon, Wu Boom Box Spray, Wu-Tang Style Loading Screen, and a Wu-Tang Banner
- Fun fact: The Back Bling is reactive to music (aka any music you come across in the game will mean the Back Bling will react and change in appearance), and the Pickaxe is reactive to music and hits (‘hits’ being anything you hit with your Pickaxe
OTHER ITEMS AVAILABLE
- The Wu-Tang is Forever Emote, the Shimmy Surfer Glider, and Wu Wrap.
- To commemorate Wu-Tang’s arrival in Fortnite, Wu-Tang is creating Wu-Tang x Fortnite collab apparel – including real-world versions of the Wu outfits featured in Fortnite. Merch launches this coming Saturday (April 23) at 8 pm ET.
RZA said: “Fortnite has been in my household for years. It’s been a pleasure and joy watching the game evolve while becoming the go-to pastime. This collaboration is a multigenerational ‘drip’ of swag and cool. If what you say is true, Fortnite and Wutang could be Fortangerous….”