A massive Valorant patch is coming soon, and while it won’t add maps or Agents, it will drastically change Agent utility. The Valorant Public Beta Environment (PBE) server has been updated with many enhancements that will be tested in the next weeks. Even if only half of them are successful, it might significantly alter the metagame in some way.
The vast majority of the adjustments are mostly a bunch of nerfs, although there are also some buffs included in the update. The whole breakdown may be found below, however, please keep in mind that these adjustments have not yet been made publically.
They are subject to modification based on the results of their test on the PBE. The well-known data miner ValorLeaks provided TalkEsport with the following information, which was brought to the company’s attention:
VALORANT’s exec released the 5.12 Public Beta Environment patch notes tonight, listing a wide list of agent changes that PBE players will test this weekend. In addition to the improvements made to agent abilities, “major game system enhancements” and a minor adjustment have been made to the Spectre.
The rising costs of several ultimates that have “large, site-wide footprints” is one of the primary focal issues that has been addressed by the agent updates. The ultimate cost of Breach, KAY/O, and Viper has increased by one point, bringing it to a total of eight.
Other changes to Viper’s Pit reduce its effectiveness. The five-second recharge period for smoke integrity has been extended to 25 seconds, and the time spent outside the pit has been reduced by around half.
A great number of agents who have abilities that can be deployed will see those abilities acquire a health buff. Cypher’s Trapwire, KAY/ZERO/POINT O’s knife, Killjoy’s Nanoswarm, Raze’s Blast Pack, Sova’s Recon Bolt, and Chamber’s Trademark now have 20 points of health instead of just one.
The most recent recruit, Harbor, will get an upgrade that will make him a more useful agent. The duration of his High Tide water wall has been increased to 15 seconds from merely 12 seconds, and the duration of his Cascade water wall has been increased to seven seconds from five seconds.
The health of Fade’s Prowler has been reduced, the health of Killjoy’s Lockdown device has been increased, the cost of Omen’s Paranoia has been reduced, the health of Raze’s Boom Bot has been reduced, and the cost of Phoenix’s Blaze has been reduced.
Sage’s Barrier Orb now has a longer delay before it begins to fortify, and the healing orb now heals her teammates more than it does herself. Skye’s Trailblazer has a higher cost, while her Regrowth has a lower cost. Although Yoru’s Gatecrash has a lower health total, it also has a lower mana cost.
“Abilities that output damage will now universally damage enemy objects that can be damaged,” which applies to all agents collectively. This change was made. In practice, an enemy piece of utility can be damaged by any ability that delivers damage, provided that the ability itself deals damage.
The damage range that the Spectre deals have, at long last, been adjusted. Body shots deliver 26 damage to targets within 15 meters of the shooter. From 15 to 30 meters, 22 damage is dealt. In addition, if you are further away than 30 meters, the gun will deliver 20 damage.
List Of Every Valorant Agent Receiving Nerf & Buff In Patch 5.12
- Rolling Thunder ultimate cost increased from seven to eight.
- Updated Stability Curve
- Spread increased after second bullet when spamming. This is explicitly meant to reduce low-precision body-shot spam as an effective combat measure.
- Chamber now places a single anchor that can be teleported to while inside its range.
- Diameter increased from 15 meters to 26 meters.
- Removed teleport activation height restriction.
- You can teleport to the Anchor while on different verticality so long as you are within its radius.
- Increased weapon equip time after teleporting from 0.4 seconds to 0.7 seconds.
- Headhunter is unaffected by this change.
- Destroying Rendezvous teleport anchor now disables it for the remainder of the round, instead of being placed on a cooldown.
- Chamber no longer incurs an additional cooldown when recalling his Anchor after teleporting.
- The trap is now range restricted
- Trademark will disable when Chamber moves out of range, and reactivate once he is inside.
- Can now be recalled mid-round
- Does not require line of sight.
- 30 seconds cooldown on recall.
- Destruction remains permanent.
- Initial Arm Time increased from two seconds to four seconds.
- Health Increased from one to 20.
Tour De Force (X)
- Fire rate decreased by 57.5 percent.
- This applies to both Trademark and Tour De Force
- Reduced from 50 percent to 40 percent.
- Reduced duration from six seconds to four seconds.
- Reduced size by 30 percent.
- Trapwire health increased from one to 20.
- Prowler health decreased from 100 to 60.
- High Tide duration increased from 12 second to 15 seconds.
- Cascade duration increased from five second to seven seconds.
- ZERO/POINT knife health increased from one to 20.
- NULL/cmd ultimate cost increased from seven to eight.
- Lockdown ultimate health increased from 150 to 200.
- Nanoswarm health increased from one to 20.
- Paranoia cost decreased from 300 to 250.
- Blaze cost decreased from 200 to 150.
- Boom Bot health decreased from 100 to 60.
- Blast Pack health increased from one to 20.
- Barrier Orb’s fortify delay increased from 3.0 to 3.3 seconds.
- Healing orb self heal decreased from 60 health points to 30 health points.
- Healing orb ally heal increased from 60 health points to 100 health points.
- Recon Bolt health increased from one to 20.
- Trailblazer cost increased from 250 to 300.
- Regrowth cost decreased from 200 to 150.
- Viper’s Pit smoke integrity regen time increased from five seconds to 25 seconds.
- Max allowed time out of Viper’s Pit decreased from 15 seconds to eight seconds.
- Viper’s Pit ultimate cost increased from seven to eight points.
- Gatecrash health decreased from 100 to 60.
- Gatecrash cost decreased from 200 to 150.
For more coverage on Valorant, make sure to follow TalkEsport on Google News.