Riot’s tactical shooter Valorant provides new players with five agents that are completely free to play. However, you’ll need to devote your time to the game if you’re looking to unlock the other agents.
Don’t worry, just because the first five agents are free doesn’t mean you’ll have to pay to get the rest of them. While you can choose to pay a certain amount of money to instantly unlock the agent of your choice, Riot has left a way for players to get them absolutely free of cost.
For starters, you can get two free agents relatively quickly by leveling your account up to 5 and 10. Upon reaching those levels, you’ll be presented with a choice to get an agent of your choice.
From then on, it’ll be a harder slope to climb.
Here are the steps you need to follow to receive your next free Valorant agent:
- Open the Valorant main menu, click on “Collection” and go to “Agents”.
- From the list of agents, select the agent you want to unlock.
- Click on “Activate” at the bottom, which will activate the agent’s contract. From there, you can click “View Contract” in the bottom right corner and notice what rewards you’ll get for leveling up the agent’s contract. You’ll unlock the agent when you level up the contract to level 5.
- Once activated, the contract will automatically gain exp whenever you finish a game.
- When you get to level 5 of the agent’s contract, you’ll automatically unlock the agent which will then be playable in-game.
Be warned though, these agents can take quite a while to unlock. You can speed up this process a bit by completing daily and weekly quests which you can find towards the top-left of the screen. Weekly quests give more exp but are a lot tougher to complete.