The new Fortnite Primal Season 6 adds a variety of wildlife to the ever-so-popular Battle Royale experience. From Chickens to Wolves, you will encounter many of these wild animals throughout the game. While some creatures are aggressive and will attack players, the others will simply roam around harmlessly minding their own business.
With the update v16.10, Epic also added the ability to tame Raptors and use them to attack other players. Unlike Wolves that attack in packs, the Raptors are stronger and will attack in pairs. A Raptor is faster and stronger than a Wolf so naturally, players should avoid unnecessary encounters with them.
Taming a raptor isn’t a simple task and will require prior planning. Raptors will spawn across the map in pairs and only near large dinosaur eggs. So far the best locations to find Raptor pairs are around Stealthy Stronghold, outside Craggy Cliffs, on the south side of The Spire, south of Misty Meadows, and around Retail Row. Raptors will always travel around in pairs, so taming them is harder than wolves, as taming one won’t tame its partner automatically.
How To Tame Raptors?
Taming Raptors works on the same principle as taming wolves. The Raptors travel in pairs, so while taming a single Raptor will be easy, its partner might attack you on sight. Also, before taming craft and equip Hunter’s Cloak to remain undetected by wildlife for a short amount of time.
- Find and kill Wolf, Chicken, or Boar to get meat.
- Equip Hunter’s cloak and get near a Raptor.
- Toss the meat to the Raptor and wait for it to bend down and start eating.
- As soon as the Raptor eats, walk up behind it and hold the “interact” button to tame it.
- Be careful about Raptor’s partner and try not to alert it.
- Repeat the above steps to tame its partner and later tame more Raptors to create a mini-dinosaur army.