On 30th June, we got our last team in KRU Esports when they defeated the Brazilian Ninjas in Pyjamas and qualified for the Valorant Champions Tour Masters Copenhagen. With this, we have got our final 12 teams which would battle it out at Forum Arena in Copenhagen and become the champions of the second international Valorant Event.
Out of the twelve teams, the top 4 teams have already qualified for the Playoffs stage. These teams are Fnatic from EMEA, Leviatan from LATAM, XSET from NA, and Paper Rex from APAC. The remaining eight teams are divided into two groups of four each.
|Group A||Group B|
|Optic Gaming (NA)||FunPlus Phoenix (EMEA)|
|Guild Esports (EMEA)||XERXIA (APAC)|
|LOUD (BR)||DRX (KR)|
|KRU Esports (LATAM)||Northeption (JP)|
Starting on 10th July, These teams would play in a Double elimination bracket tournament with two teams out of each group would qualify for the Playoffs. The first match of the group stage starts with DRX taking on Northeption from Group B at 15:00 CEST GMT+0200, which means the games begin at 06:00 AM PDT for the USA, 10:00 PM in Korea and Japan, and 6:30 PM in India.
The Group Stage Schedule for VCT Masters Copenhagen is as follows:
- 10th July 15:00 CEST – DRX vs. Northeption
- 10th July 17:30 CEST – LOUD vs. KRU Esports
- 10th July 20:00 CEST – Optic Gaming vs. Guild Esports
- 11th July 17:30 CEST – FunPlus Phoenix vs. XERXIA
- 11th July 20:00 CEST – Group A Winners Match
- 12th July 15:00 CEST – Group B Winners
- 12th July 17:30 CEST – Group B Losers
- 12th July 20:00 CEST – Group A Losers
- 13th July 17:30 CEST – Group B Deciders
- 13th July 20:00 CEST – Group A Deciders.
With four teams making out of the group stage, draws would be used to find which team plays who for the playoff-opening matches. The Playoff stage would also be a double-elimination bracket stage, and one team out of the eight would be crowned the Champions Of VCT Masters Copenhagen.
The Playoffs Schedule for VCT Masters Copenhagen is as follows:
- 14th July 17:30 CEST – Opening Match 1
- 14th July 20:00 CEST – Opening Match 2
- 15th July 17:30 CEST – Opening Match 3
- 15th July 20:00 CEST – Opening Match 4
- 16th July 17:30 CEST – Lower Bracket Round 1
- 16th July 20:00 CEST – Lower Bracket Round 1
- 17th July 17:30 CEST – Upper Bracket Round 1
- 17th July 20:00 CEST – Upper Bracket Round 2
- 18th July 17:30 CEST – Lower Bracket Round 2
- 18th July 20:00 CEST – Lower Bracket Round 2
- 22nd July – Upper Finals & Lower Semifinals
- 23rd July 17:00 CEST – Lower Final
- 24th July 17:00 CEST – Grand Finals
The last three days of the events will feature a live audience, and you can read about the ticketing and the timings here.
The Broadcasting Talent for the event can be seen in the following video.
If you want to understand the format watch the video:
With this being the last tournament of VCT with only the LCQ remaining, most teams would try their best to ensure they make a deeper run and garner as many points as possible to make it to the Valorant Champions based on Circuit points.
You can read about the already qualified teams and the situation in each region here.