Epic Esports Events announces the second season of EPIC League Dota 2 tournament in collaboration with the leading (лучше best) teams of the Europe/CIS region. The tournament will replace the second season of the OMEGA League announced earlier.
“After two great tournaments that Epic Esports Events have organized together with the partners, we are glad to return to our own flagship online product — EPIC League, said Mark Averbukh, Epic Esports Events Product Director.
Details of the second season of EPIC League
- As previously announced, the matches of the second season of EPIC League will be held in two divisions in the Europe / CIS region;
- Open qualifiers for the tournament will be held from October 29 to October 30 on FACEIT;
- The closed qualifiers will take place on November 3-11, the participants of the closed qualifiers will be announced later;
- The second division participants will play from November 11 up to December 1. Playoff stage for this division is scheduled for December 8–13;
- The first division games are scheduled from November 12 to December 5, the playoff stage will be held from December 8 to 13;
- The number of first division teams has decreased from 12 to 10. All these teams will play in one group, with an increased amount of matches – 45 instead of 30;
- First division participants are Virtus.pro, NAVI, Alliance, Team Liquid, Nigma, Vikin.gg, OG и Secret;
- The prize pool of the first division is $500 000, and $50 000 is planned for the second one.
Epic Esports Events has garnered international fame following the conception of its flagship series, the EPICENTER, in 2016, in Moscow and Saint Petersburg. Featuring the greatest esports athletes from all regions of the world, the EPICENTER gathers tens of millions of viewers worldwide, its venues always packed to the brim during the grand finals.
The organizers have claimed multiple prestigious awards such as EUBEA, Eventex, MarSpo, BISPO, BEMA, and Sport Leaders Awards.
The organizer of the OMEGA League, Epic Esports Events is also known for its Epic League, a regular esports league based in CIS and Europe. Over the years, EEE has partnered with a plethora of brands to deliver the best international tournament series experience: Parimatch League, MegaFon Winter Clash, Adrenaline Cyber League, KFC Battle, and others. Epic Esports Events is a member of ESforce holding.