A new update has been shipped to Counter-Strike: Global Offensive today, and it brings with it some significant changes to the competitive shooter.
For starters, Ancient has received a plethora of new changes, including many bug fixes and several other tweaks across the map. Considering the fact that Ancient was added to the Active Duty map pool quite suddenly without any prior info, changes to the map could be expected by the player base.
While the changes to Ancient might be the prime attraction of this update, some other changes also shouldn’t go unnoticed. The maps Grind and Frostbite also received their fair share of tweaks. Finally, an issue that has been annoying CSGO players and content creators for quite a while now has been fixed.
Previously, many players would receive the Trusted mode warning repeatedly when trying to queue in Untrusted mode. This patch has removed the multiple warnings and players will receive only a single warning message moving forward.
Here’s what’s new in this CSGO update, as stated in the official blog post by Valve:
[CSGO 360 STATS]
– Adjusted the calculation for the weapon performance category score.
– Fixed a case where players would receive duplicate warnings about launching in untrusted mode.
-Implemented Cubby 2.0 in mid connector to A, to remove cheap shoulder angle towards site
-Slimmed down the fancy rock, also in mid connector to A
-Sparsed foliage and improved clipping on boost planter near A main
-Quieted down soundscape birds
-Removed clipping from top of bombsite sign in A site, allowing you to self-boost to planter by T main
-Added vphysics clip to T spawn water so guns don’t fully submerge
-So many clip brush tweaks
-Blocked grenades from entering inaccessible building by T entrance to mid
-Blocked pixelgaps through scaffolding near B site
-Blocked pixelgaps through doorway trim in new CT path to A site
-Simplified grenade collision on rooftops
– Made wall on A long surfable
– Fixed invisible wall near B site
– Fixed out of map boost near A site
– Fixed collision of wall near A site
– Fixed collision of pillars around A site
– Minor art updates around T spawn
– Fixed a regression with airdrops
– Fixed stuck spots (thanks Jakob & conzept)
– Fixed a gap in terrain
– Reworked watchtower models