The season 1 update for Call Of Duty: Black Ops-Cold War is finally here and it brings a slew of changes to the latest shooter from Treyarch and fully integrates the game with the previously released Battle Royale game Call Of Duty: Warzone.
Expect the download size of the update to range from 3.4GB to 7.1GB, depending on your platform. The update is live on all platforms now for Black Ops- Cold War players and will go live later today for Warzone players.
What’s new in Season 1 of Black Ops – Cold War and Warzone?
Hoping to cash in on the final flurry of holiday purchases, Treyarch didn’t leave any stones unturned and went all out with the update this time. This update is a big one not only for Black Ops – Cold War players but for Warzone players also. This update marks the first-ever integration of two games and will allow players to play Warzone straight from the Cold War main menu and use Cold War weapons in Warzone. Plus there is a new Battle Pass to purchase, which includes a variety of rewards that will be shared between Black Ops: Cold War and Warzone.
The update for Black Ops – Cold War includes:
- Eight new maps for Black Ops Cold War- The Pines, Raid, Nuketown ’84 Holiday, Game Show, ICBM, KGB, U-Bahn, and Sanatorium.
- Five new weapons for Black Ops – Cold War – the MAC 10 SMG, the Groza assault rifle, the Streetsweeper shotgun, the Sledgehammer melee, and the Wakizashi melee.
- New modes for Black Ops – Cold War, including Gunfight 2v2 (launch week), Prop Hunt 6v6 (launch week), Dropkick 6v6 (in season), Combined Arms: Hardpoint 12v12 (in season).
- Three new Operators – Stitch: Warsaw Pact (launch week), Bulldozer: NATO (in season), and Zeyna: NATO (in season).
- New zombies modes for Black Ops – Cold War, including Jingle Hells (launch week) and Cranked (in season).
- New Season Challenges and Prestige levels.
The update for Warzone includes:
- A New standalone map- Rebirth Island
- New Verdansk Gulag in Warzone
- New Resurgence mode in Warzone
- New Attack Helicopter in Warzone
- Over 30 Black Ops – Cold War weapons in Warzone
- Integration of Warzone and Black Ops – Cold War progression.
Note that, there will be a ranking reset for Season 1 across platforms. Users will keep their weapon unlock progression and prestige but will lose military levels.