Are you encountering the Warzone 2 error 2012 when trying to connect to the game’s servers? This error code does not signal the end of your Warzone session.
Warzone 2 displays error 2012 when players cannot connect to the game’s servers. While waiting for the servers to come back online, there are steps you can take to resolve the issue.
How to Fix Error Code 2012 in Warzone 2.0?
Verify that the Warzone 2 servers are not currently experiencing problems by checking Activision’s online services page. If the error 2012 message persists, try the following steps:
- Check your game launcher (Steam or Battle.net) to make sure Warzone 2 is not running in the background. In Battle.net, go to the settings next to the “Play” button and select “Scan and Repair”.
- On Steam, right-click Warzone 2 in your library, go to “Properties” and under “Local Files” select “Verify integrity of game files”.
If the issue persists, it could be due to networking problems. Release, renew, and flush your DNS information to rule out this possibility.
- Open the command prompt by clicking anywhere on your desktop and using the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + R.
- In the command prompt, type “ipconfig /release” and press enter.
- Once the confirmation message appears, type “ipconfig /renew” and press enter.
- Wait for the next confirmation message and enter “ipconfig /flush” into the command prompt.
- Once the final confirmation message appears, you can close the command prompt.
Once the process is complete, Warzone 2 should run without the error 2012 message. To improve gameplay, check out guides on the best Warzone 2 guns and loadouts.