Capcom’s Monster Hunter Rise arrived on Nintendo Switch on 26th March and with it came many things for players to explore.
There are two main story questlines in Monster Hunter Rise, the all Single-Player questline — Village Quests, and the Single-Player/ Multiplayer questline — Hub Quests. Each questline features a mix of Optional, Urgent, and Key quests.
Today we are going to talk about the Village Quests. If you have just started Monster Hunter Rise (MHR) and want to know more about how village quests work then read on!
First and foremost, the Village quests are Single-Player only, meaning you can’t team-up with anyone. Although the quests are generally easier than the Hub Quests, there are still some Key-quests that spawn a tough boss which you need to defeat in order to progress to the next star. Finally, the Village quests only go up to 6 stars, after 6 stars you will not receive or unlock anything.
Now let’s dive into the Quests.
- One-Star Quests (★)- To trigger the 1-star quests, you first need to clear the Urgent Village Quest, Back to Basics. Location- Shrine Ruins.
- Roly-Poly Laterns (Key Quest)– Deliver 8 Firelanterns
- Fungal Frustrations (Key Quest)– Deliver 8 Unique Mushrooms
- Unpious Peons (Key Quest)– Slay 8 Jagras
- Help With Maintenance- Slay 8 Izuchi
Note- Complete two Key Quests to unlock the Great Izuchi, Great Pain Urgent Quest.
★★ Urgent Quest: Great Izuchi, Great Pain – Hunt a Great Izuchi.
- Two-Star Quests (★★)- Complete the Great Izuchi, Great Pain 2★ Urgent Quest to unlock. Locations- Shrine Ruins and Frost Islands.
- Grizzly Glutton (Key Quest)– Hunt an Arzuros
- Plump and Juicy (Key Quest)-Deliver 10 Raftshells
- A Frosty Paradise (Key Quest)– Slay 10 Baggi
- Out Cold (Key Quest)– Hunt a Great Baggi
- Rabid Rabbit (Key Quest)– Hunt a Lagombi
- Case of the Creepy Crawlies- Slay a total of 14 Altaroth or Bnahbra
- Hmm, Not So Tasty – Deliver 3 Popo Tongues
Note- Complete one Two-star Key Quest and speak with Senior Hunter Hanenaga to receive 6 Great Wirebugs. Complete three 2-star Key Quests and speak with Buddy Handler Lori in the Buddy Plaza to unlock the Feathered Frenzy Urgent Quest.
★★★ Urgent Quest: Feathered Frenzy- Hunt an Aknosom.
- Three-Star Quests (★★★)- Complete the Feathered Frenzy 3★ Urgent Quest to unlock. Locations- Shrine Ruins, Frost Islands, Sandy Plains, Flooded Forest, and Red Stronghold.
- The Rampage Approaches (Urgent Quest)- Defend the final gate.
- Can’t Stomach the Thought (Key Quest)– Hunt a Tetranadon
- Walking on Eggshells (Key Quest)– Hunt a Kulu-Ya-Ku
- Fightin’ Dirty (Key Quest)– Hunt a Barroth
- Obnoxious Lord, Noxious Monster (Key Quest)– Hunt a Great Wroggi
- Spongy Oasis (Key Quest)– Hunt a Royal Ludroth
- Supply Run- Deliver 6 Classic Dango Ingredients (talk to Yomogi the Chief to receive this quest)
- Faceless Foe- Hunt a Khezu
- The Cactus Diet- Deliver 10 Bauble Cactus
- A Sandy Cabal- Slay a total of 14 Jaggi or Jaggia
- Breath of the Past- Deliver 10 Simple Prisms
- Ladies of the Lake- Slay 10 Ludroth
Note- Complete four 3-star Key Quests to unlock the Monkey Wrench in Your Plans Urgent Quest.
Also Read | Monster Hunter Rise coming to PC in 2022
★★★★ Urgent Quest: Monkey Wrench in Your Plans- Hunt a Bishaten.
- Four-Star Quests (★★★★)- Complete the Monkey Wrench in Your Plans 4★ Urgent Quest to unlock. Locations- Shrine Ruins, Frost Islands, Sandy Plains, Flooded Forest, Arena, and Lava Caverns.
- Infernal Lacrimosa (Key Quest)– Hunt a Somnacanth
- Raging White-out (Key Quest)– Hunt a Barioth
- The Queen’s Procession (Key Quest)– Hunt a Rathian
- Streaking Shadow (Key Quest)– Hunt a Tobi-Kadachi
- A Song of Red and Fire (Key Quest)– Hunt a Volvidon
- Off Your Rocker (Key Quest)– Hunt a Basarios
- Getting Back the Groceries- Deliver 6 Secret Dango Ingredients (talk to Yomogi the Chief to receive this quest)
- A Poisonous Project- Hunt a Pukei-Pukei
- Deliver the Liver- Deliver 5 Monster Guts
- So Hot, It Melts Iron- Deliver 12 pieces of Coal
- THE BEST Quest- Slay 10 Rachnoid
- Third Wheel- Hunt all target monsters
Note- Complete one 4-star Key Quest and speak with Senior Hunter Hanenaga to receive 6 Great Wirebugs. Complete five 4-star Key Quests to unlock the Comeuppance Urgent Quest.
★★★★★ Urgent Quest: Comeuppance- Hunt a Magnamalo
- Five-Star Quests (★★★★★)- Complete the Comeuppance 5★ Urgent Quest to unlock. Locations- Shrine Ruins, Frost Islands, Sandy Plains, Flooded Forest, and Lava Caverns.
- Wind Speed Wyvern (Key Quest)– Hunt a Nargacuga
- Electrifying Ephiphany (Key Quest)– Hunt a Zinogre
- Nocturnal Tracker (Key Quest)– Hunt an Anjanath
- Waltzing by Moonlight (Key Quest)– Hunt a Mizutsune
- Rathalos Alert! (Key Quest)– Hunt a Rathalos
- The Secret Ingredient- Capture a Somnacanth (talk to Yomogi the Chief to receive this quest)
- BZZZZZ or ZZZZzzzz- Hunt a Khezu and a Somnacanth
- Nosey Nuisances- Hunt a Kulu-Ya-Ku and an Anjanath
- The Hottest Around- Hunt a Tetranadon and a Volvidon
Note- Complete four 5-star Key Quest to unlock the Hermit of the Swamp Urgent Quest.
★★★★★★ Urgent Quest: Hermit of the Swamp- Hunt an Almudron
- Six-Star Quests (★★★★★★)- Complete the Hermit of the Swamp 6★ Urgent Quest to unlock. Locations- Shrine Ruins, Frost Islands, Sandy Plains, Flooded Forest, and Lava Caverns.
- Abominable Snow-beast- Hunt a Goss Harag
- Thundering Voice- Hunt a Tigrex
- Twisted Desire- Hunt a Diablos
- A Test of Courage- Hunt a Magnamalo and a Zinogre
- Like a Flash of Lightning- Hunt a Tobi-Kadachi and a Mizutsune
- King of the Sky, Bane of the Land- Hunt a Rathalos and a Tigrex
That’s all Folks! Stay tuned for more updates as we explore more new things in The Monster Hunter Rise.