CSGO New Ranks for 2017 were unveiled this morning. The supporting reason is believed to be that the in-game GUI had to be matched with the design of ranks. Hence, the new ranks.
CSGO New Ranks Update Log – 13.11.2017
– Operation Hydra has come to a close.
– Added Wingman and Flying Scoutsman to the available game modes.
– Wingman changes:
— Added Wingman-exclusive skill groups for better matchmaking in Wingman.
— Added ability to select maps.
— Added Nearby Lobbies for Wingman.
– Moved Arms Race and Demolition into War Games (with Flying Scoutsman).
– All War Games are now max-player 12.
– Slight adjustment to head hitboxes on the Leet Krew.
– Updated maps available in Classic Competitive:
— Mirage, Cache, Inferno, Overpass, Cobblestone, Train, Nuke, Dust II, Canals, Office, and Agency.
– Updated maps and map groups available in Classic Casual:
— Dust II
— Defusal Group Delta (Mirage, Austria, Inferno, Shipped, Cache)
— Defusal Group Sigma (Cobblestone, Train, Overpass, Nuke, Canals)
— Hostage Group (Agency, Insertion, Office, Italy, Assault)
– Matchmaking now uses the Trust Factor by default. In the short term, players with Prime status can still choose to match using the old system.
We’ve explained more about the Trust Factor in our guide to know and learn about it.