The patch notes for the next Overwatch 2 update have just been revealed by the developers, and it’s set to bring a bunch of new changes to the Blizzard Entertainment shooter.
As revealed by Lead Hero Designer Alec Dawson on Twitch, the upcoming Overwatch 2 update will aim to bring balance to the game by needing some of the common picks in the current meta while buffing the weaker characters in the game.
However, what Overwatch 2 players are most excited about is perhaps the buffs to Ana that the next update will bring. Her damage and healing will receive a significant boost while her grenade’s duration has also been increased.
On the other hand, Kiriko, who’s undoubtedly one of the most popular support picks in the competitive scene, has been nerfed even further.
Here are the detailed patch notes for the next Overwatch 2 update:
- Cooldown increased from 3 to 4 seconds
- Minimum damage mitigated required to empower Rocket Punch increased from 80 to 100 damage
‘The Best Defense…’ passive
- Temporary health gained per target hit with abilities decreased from 40 to 35 health
- Now pierces through barriers upon impact
Augmented Fusion Drive
- Damage falloff range increased from 15 to 25 meters
- Movement speed increased by 20%
- Armor bonus increased from 150 to 225
- Cooldown reduced from 15 to 13 seconds
- Primary fire spread increased by 28%
- No longer slows enemy movement
- Cooldown increased from 6 to 7 seconds
- Damage reduced from 6 to 5.5
- Damage and Healing increased from 70 to 75
- Effect duration increased from 3 to 4 seconds
- Invulnerability duration reduced from 1 to 0.85 seconds