Valve today released the latest version of the game with jumping accuracy fixes and a long-seen update on major rifle sounds. The update is an answer to the community criticism of the inaccuracy of weapons such as SSG08 and Mag-7 mid-air.
The update – 37.3 MB – also marks the final round of sound changes of the weapons. AK-47, M4-A1 and M4-A4 will now have a new audible mechanism in the game.
The complete log of the update is here:
- Replaced accuracy model for shots taken while in the air. See http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/air-time/ for details. (Thanks /u/SlothSquadron for RC feedback)
- Increased fidelity and reduced distortion in fire sounds for Famas, Galil, Aug, SG553, M4A4, M4A1-S, unsilenced M4A1-S, and AK47.
- Added unique distant, draw, and reload sounds for Famas, Galil, Aug, SG553, M4A4, M4A1-S, and unsilenced M4A1-S.
- Added Series 2 Pins to available offers.
- Added Bestiary Sticker Capsule to available offers.
- Added Sugarface Sticker Capsule to available offers.
- Added new convar sv_jump_impulse which controls initial upward speed of jumps.
- Fixed watch streams tab to correctly show top twitch.tv CS:GO streams.