High latencies have been an age-old problem that players often report while playing competitive shooters. Valorant, being one of the biggest modern FPS titles, is no stranger to this problem either.
Time and time again, Valorant players across the globe are seen complaining about higher than usual latencies that they encounter while playing the shooter. While other not-so-competitive titles or turn-based games can be rather forgiving to players with high pings, fast-paced games like Valorant require players to minimize their in-game latencies to gain the edge in combat.
If you’re encountering high ping problems in Valorant, we have you covered. Here’s what you need to try in order to be able to fix your high ping problem in Valorant:
- Restart Your Router: You’d be surprised to find out how often a simple router restart can solve your ping problems in Valorant. If you’re having high ping in Valorant, this is the first thing you should try.
- Upgrade Your Internet Plan: If you’re on a low-cost internet plan, chances are that it could be causing most of your ping problems in Valorant. A simple solution to this would be to upgrade to a better plan.
- Change Your ISP: If upgrading to a better plan doesn’t fix your problem, changing your ISP is what you should be considering next. If your ISP is behind the root of the high ping problem, changing your ISP can certainly solve your issue.
- Set Valorant to ‘High Priority’: Setting Valorant to ‘High Priority’ in your task manager can often help you get a better performance in the game. To do so, simply press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, go to ‘users’, right-click on Valorant and set priority to ‘high’.
- Restrict Background Activities: You have to make sure that none of the other background apps are drawing bandwidth when you’re playing Valorant. Restricting background downloads can improve your Valorant ping by a significant margin.
That’s all you need to know about how to improve your ping in Valorant. Now that your ping is fixed, what’s stopping you from taking your game to the next level?