Epic Games is going to launch the Fortnite Update 19.20 today on 1st February of 2022. Fortnite 19.10 update was the first major update of Chapter 3 Season 1 which was released two weeks ago. Today, the Fortnite 19.20 update contains significant bug fixes that came up with the previous update along with a few more changes.
Keep reading this article to check out the full patch notes of Fortnite Update 19.20.
Fortnite is an online multiplayer battle royale game developed by Epic Games. The game is available on almost every platform.
Epic Games has officially released the Fortnite Update 19.20 Patch Notes. Let’s dig into it.
ACCOLADE XP CALIBRATION
Get ready to share the big news with your players, Creators. Fortnite is going to improve the XP Beyond Battle Royale experience! As you know, Creative Experiences undergo “calibration” before they begin granting Battle Pass XP from your in-game Accolades. Now with v19.20, if a player has triggered an Accolade before calibration was complete, they’ll be rewarded with XP once the Experience is calibrated!
Additionally, Creators will be notified through email on the calibration status of their Experience.
Players who previously participated in Creative Experiences while they were undergoing calibration within the last 30 days may be rewarded XP retroactively when these Experiences pass calibration.
Players can claim their XP reward when they log into Fortnite.
NEW: NATURAL FORCES – FIRE
Fire is a force to be reckoned with and Creators now have the ability to enable fire effects in their experiences! Epic is also bringing some new fire weapons from BR into Creative for the first time. The developers will be adding additional ways to control fire in future updates.
New Fire items:
- Primal Flame Bow
- Flare Gun
- Gas Can
NEW: GAS FOR VEHICLES
Speed around the race track to beat that time trial but don’t forget to fuel up! Creators who really want to spice up vehicles in their maps can now include Gas Cans and have them fuel the vehicles in their islands. Epic has also added a configurable Fuel Pump device to let your players gas up and get going.
NEW: SKYDIVE VOLUME
You may have felt the effects of the Skydive volume if you’ve taken part in some of our previous music experiences, but now this device is available to everyone to send players flying! Create air elevators, wind tunnels, and more as you experiment with all the cool features of this new device.
NEW: CHANNEL NUMBER TEXT ENTRY
A small change but a massive one – you can now directly type in Channel numbers when setting up transmitters/receivers on all devices. Console players can benefit too with virtual keyboard support available on all devices. Epic Games be looking to roll out direct number entry support to other device options in future updates.
UPDATE: SENTRY DEVICE
The Sentry is the latest device to be changed from a Trap device to a prop. But that’s not all, the developers have added a whole bunch of features to the new version including adding Sentries to teams, a whole new Idle > Alert > Hostile system, and a bunch of new transmitters and receivers to give Sentries a whole new lease on life. Enjoy!
UPDATE: OBJECTIVE DEVICES
Objective devices have been updated with the Icon Library options. A new option Custom Objective Text is also added to allow creators to customize the objective name text on HUD.
IN TESTING: AI SPAWN LIMIT
Epic has raised the maximum number of Fiends and Animals that can be spawned at once from 20 to 30 (of each type). The developers will be monitoring performance impact and may increase or decrease that limit depending on the results.
OTHER DEVICE UPDATES
- Button device now has a Class filter.
- Some non-player-facing devices have had their in-world models updated.
- Added the following new models to the Character device:
- Dark Vanguard
- Dark Voyager
- Snow Drift
- Snow Heart
- Added the following weapons to the Creative inventory:
- Heavy Shotgun
- Gunnar’s Stinger SMG
PREFAB & GALLERY UPDATES
- Added a Battle Bus to Variant Car Gallery B.
PREFAB & GALLERY FIXES
- Fixed an issue that caused multiple assets in the Sanctuary Prop Gallery to display the wrong material or give the wrong resource material.
- Fixed an issue with a doorway prop from Sanctuary Prop Gallery with being able to see through the asset.
- Fixed an issue where some logs or stumps from the Nature Snow Gallery would not drop resource materials.
- Fixed an issue with the Tan Cliff Cave Gallery not spawning in the correct cliff materials.
- Item Remover: Apply to Team/Class filters now work appropriately.
- Fixed an issue that caused the round setting device to trigger the start of a round even when disabled.
- Fixed an issue with the Save Point device that caused it to lose “Collide with terrain” settings after being copy/pasted.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Barrier Device to have a larger hitbox than intended.
- Fixed an issue with the Signal Remote that caused it to not trigger the primary or secondary channel correctly.
- Fixed an issue that caused personal XL islands settings to be overwritten by featured XL islands.
- Players no longer return to hub after getting eliminated during game in creative game mode.
- Fixed an issue that caused players to spawn in the sky when using the Driftboard.
- Fixed an issue that caused boats to jitter on the water surface when vacant.
- Quick Menu -> Objective Placement -> Building As Prop is now set as OFF by default for new Creative players.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Scoreboard to not display correctly.
- Fixed an issue with the Item Granter device not having a “Persistence” sorting tag.
- Fixed an issue with Skye’s Grappler having a blurry UI icon.
Recommended | FORTNITE PIZZA PARTY BOXES