The International is often regarded as the holy grail of esports events thanks to its massive prize pool and magnitude of the event itself. Team OG made history in 2019 by winning The International back to back in 2 successive years, becoming the first team to do so. This year’s edition of this mammoth-sized tournament is all set to take place in Stockholm, Sweden and Valve has already started accepting proposals for next year’s Ti venue as well.
Valve announced it via a press release and here are certain factors which they are looking for:
- A modern indoor arena or stadium with a capacity between 15,000 and 80,000 (which must be available for at least a 10-day period in August 2021)
- Additional space for ancillary events (e.g., vendor villages, fan zones, after parties)
- Fiber network connectivity from a local service provider
- Ample hotel space for upwards of 30,000 individuals
- Proximity to an International Airport
- A strong local transportation system
Apart from this, Valve is even taking into consideration the safety aspects of the offered places alongside immigration and travel support aspects.
The deadline to send in entries is on 31st March and the final selection will be completed by June 15 and an official announcement of 2021’s The International venue will be done at this year’s iteration of the event.