Earlier today morning, a huge gameplay update was shipped to the game which impacts the loss bonus reset and reverses the changes made to the AUG and increased the number of bullets in the M4A1-S. The update also adds a new Prisma case, some
The complete patch notes can be found here:
Adjusted round loss bonuses with the goal of reducing a negative feedback loop following streaks of losses.
- With 0 Losses: $1400
- With 1 Loss: $1900
- With 2 Losses: $2400
- With 3 Losses: $2900
- With 4+ Losses: $3400
- Previously, a win would reset the round loss bonus. Now, a win reduces the loss counter by one.
- Teams still begin the half with a loss count of 1.
- This is enabled by default and can be controlled using the mp_consecutive_loss_aversion server setting.
- The round loss bonus is still limited to mp_consecutive_loss_max multiplied by cash_team_winner_bonus_consecutive_rounds.
- Added flashbang assists for players who successfully flash an enemy which then gets killed by another player. Players who threw the flashbang will get an assist callout in the death notice. However, if another player inflicted >40 damage to the victim for the assist, the flashbang assist player will not get the callout.
- Now that players have had an opportunity to learn to love the AUG, returning the weapon to its original price of $3300.
- The M4A1-S now holds 25 bullets in the magazine, and has 75 in reserve.
- Price reduction for some shotguns: Nova ($1050), Sawed-Off ($1100), Mag7 ($1300).
- Nova penetration increased to 1.
- Sawed-Off range increased to 1400.
- Single shell shotguns in the middle of their reload sequence will no longer automatically continue to reload after a player holsters and deploys them.
- Fixed a bug that prevented C4 or enemies seen through open doors from showing up on the radar.
- Fixed a rare bug where a C4 bomb reset trigger could reset the bomb to a position that was not on the ground.
- Introducing the Prisma Case, featuring 17 community-designed weapon finishes, and the Horizon Knives in Chroma finishes as rare special items.
- New Loadout Shuffle feature is available in the inventory. Choose to shuffle any number of your weapons or music kits and a random one will be equipped each map.
- Several fixes for the ‘Clean Names’ communication setting.
- Renamed workshop workbench setting to ‘Side View’.
- Removed visual artifacts on a few image assets.
- reduced number of routes around bombsite B
- moved bombsite B inside the palace
- added a door from center stairs to courtyard platform
- made it possible to jump up to B bridge from scaffold
- new radar map style
- Thank you to all the diligent players that continued testing Bombsite B
- Blocked runboost from T spawn to Bombsite B (will still be possible in B site configuration)
- Obstructed boost from top of floodlight in back of A
- Changed layout of back of A site, made entrance onto site a regular doorway, added half-wall in front of scaffolding
- Added usable door in mid towards bombsite B
- Simplified collision model of support jack
- Fixed unintended boost on scaffolding on A ramp
- Made boostable concrete mold by A site slightly larger
- Improved clipping inside elevator shaft
- Updated radar for Abbey and Biome
Valve has once again brought about changes to the loss bonus. This time, the loss bonus is not rest on winning a round, it subtracts one from the “loss counter”. Losing a round increases the “loss counter” by one and goes on till the maximum round bonus loss of 3400$ which comes after losing 4+ rounds in the game. This change makes it easier for comebacks as teams no longer get thrown back to the first win round bonus after winning one round after losing several.
Another long wanted change is the AUG nerf which was expected post IEM Katowice 2019. The price change of the AUG has been reverted and is now back at $3300 from $3150. The hardly used M4A1-S has been buffed by increasing the magazin size to 25 from 20 and increasing the reserve ammo to 75 bullets.
Furthermore, the shotguns have received a price cut to $1050 and $1100 and $1300 for the Nova, Sawed-Off and MAG-7 respectively.
The flashbang assist feature which was noticed in the HLTV Game Log which now appears in death notices if the kill wasn’t assisted by dealing over 40 damage.
The update has also added a new case collection called the Prisma Case which contains 17 community designed cases and added Chroma knife finishes to the Horizon Case knives.
The new map changes come to Vertigo and Canals, changing the layout of the bomb sites on both the maps.