The esports scene for Garena’s Free Fire is about to be skyrocketed with the announcement of Free Fire India Championship 2020. This massive tournament is limited to India only and will feature a prodigious prize pool of INR 35 Lakh. The registrations have already begun and are open till the 26th of January.
2019 was a great year for Free Fire as it became the world’s most downloaded mobile battle royale game. The 2019 esports scene began in February with the commencement of Free Fire Thailand Championship and events kept happening around the globe throughout the year. 2020 looks promising for the game with such Free Fire India Championship taking place on such an enormous level. The event’s prize pool breakdown is as follows:
After registrations conclude, the qualifier stage will commence from 31st Jan and will continue till 13th February through which 24 teams will advance to the league stage. The top 2 teams from Free Fire India Today league will get slots in the League Stage as well. The league stage will take place from 29th February to 15th March and will feature 4 groups and 6 matches. The top 12 teams will move on to the Finals taking place on 29th March 2020 where the winning squad will walk away with INR 15 lakh and the prestigious title of Free Fire India Champions.
Rules and Regulations
- Each team can comprise of 4-5 players with a minimum level 10 account
- No rank requirements are imposed for registration
- No skill, loadout, costumes, fashion, vault, or collection restrictions or requirements are imposed. Players are free to equip any items and skills in any combination in each game.
- Upon successful registration, a team may not change its team name for the remainder of the tournament. Teams may change their name at any time between different tournaments.
- Each participant can be a member of only one team in a tournament. Participants are free to switch teams between different tournaments.
- Teams will accumulate infraction points for their members’ offenses. Penalties for infraction points are: 1~3 points: Verbal Warnings | 4 points and above: Immediate Disqualification
- When a team is considered no-show, they will not be allowed to participate in any official Free Fire India Championship games
Like most mobile esports tournaments, teams will be ranked on the table based on points they accumulate for their match placements and kills secured at the end of each round. The standard scoring table is as follows:
20 Points per kill
The registrations are open till the 26th of January but only the first 6048 teams to register will be selected for online qualifiers. The players need to be a minimum of 14 years of age to be eligible to register. After clicking on the below-given link, you can access the registration page by clicking on the drop down menu on the top right hand side corner.
Stay tuned for more exciting news and updates!