CSGO is undoubtedly one of the most popular modern-day competitive shooters out there that is standing strong even after two decades since its initial release. The latest title in the series, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, was released back in 2012 and is still rocking an esports scene that most other shooters can only hope to achieve.
The aspect that separates CSGO from the other tactical shooters is the freedom of the players to customize their game as much as they want. CSGO players can use the in-game console to make a plethora of changes to their game ranging from visuals to core game mechanics.
Among the variety of uses of the in-game developers’ console, hand changing seems to be the most popular aspect.
Hand changing through the console allows the player to freely switch their ViewModel from left hand to right hand or vice versa at will. Players can simply use this if they’re lefty and their ViewModel is right-handed, or it can also be used to gain a competitive edge on the battlefield. Let’s take a look at how you can do it yourself.
How to Switch CSGO Weapon Hands
Switching your hands in CSGO is extremely easy and not time-consuming at all. In fact, you are only a few clicks and some keystrokes away from freely toggling your hands at will.
Here’s how you do it:
- Make sure you have the in-game developers’ console enabled. To do so, simply go to the settings, click on ‘Game Settings’ and check “Enable Developer Console”
- Open the console by pressing the ~ key on your keyboard (if this doesn’t work, you can check the bind from settings)
- Type in “cl_righthand 0” if you want the ViewModel to be displayed on the left hand. Otherwise, type “cl_righthand 1”
- Press enter
This is how you can switch your player’s hands through the console. However, you can spice things up a notch and set a keybind for toggling between two hands.
CSGO Switching Hands Toggle Bind
Assigning a key to toggling between two hands can enable you to gain a competitive edge in combat. For instance, you can use the bind if a portion of your screen is blocked by your weapon ViewModel to free up that area. Here’s how you do it.
- Open the console
- Type in “bindtoggle # cl_righthand” where “#” = your desired key
[Example: bindtoggle v cl_righthand]
- Whenever you press the key you specified [in this case ‘v’] while you’re in a match, your weapon will be switched from left hand to right hand and vice versa
That’s it! Now you can freely switch your hands in CSGO at will to gain that competitive advantage you lacked. Good luck and happy fragging!
Recommended | Is CSGO dying in 2021?