DreamHack, the immersive, gaming lifestyle experience where the gaming community comes to life, recently ended the FREE seven-day, interactive event DreamHack Beyond on July 31, 2021.
The hybrid festival and multiplayer game featured themed worlds, 20+ festival halls, game demos, and hourly tournaments (including Hearthstone and Rocket League), the range of added programming, activities, and gameplay including the inaugural DreamHack Battle of the Bands, Cosplay Competitions, Panels, Screenings, Speedrunning, Tabletop competitions and more.
In total, more than 45,000 fans registered to experience the event, with over 1.7 million viewing hours.
“The goal for all of us at DreamHack is to provide great experiences, so to have brought our community back together for this hybrid festival was super special for us,” said Bas Bruinekool, Vice President, Festivals, DreamHack. “DreamHack is more than an event — it creates an arena where you can come to connect, explore, win, play a part, and be yourself through a gaming lifestyle experience. We are so happy to have reconnected and shared this with our loyal fans.”
Additional DreamHack Beyond stats include
- More than 45,000 fan IDs registered
- Average playtime of 57 minutes per player
- 87,182 play sessions across the week
- Players visited 17 of 22 worlds on average
Twitch and Tournament stats
- More than 9,300 people signed up to compete in all 633 tournaments that were hosted
- The event was featured as a Steam event and had the DreamHack Beyond stream spotlighted.
- When bundling all Twitch streams and Steam streams (2-300) DreamHack achieved over 1.7 million viewing hours with Beyond content
- DreamHack Beyond realized 866,716 unique viewers across all of its channels on Twitch alone
- Twitter saw 1.9 million engagements and 5.4 million impressions across the week
DreamHack Beyond was created to both complement and showcase the best of DreamHack in a fresh, new way allowing players/attendees to enjoy the festival in any way they choose — from virtual cosplay competitions, amateur and professional esports tournaments, and game demos, to the expo, panels, speedrunning, live-streamed music and screenings, community tournaments and more.
DreamHack Beyond offered a hybrid experience featuring everything gaming under one “virtual” roof.