PUBG Mobile has announced that a new seasonal update is coming very soon. This new update is PUBG Mobile Patch 1.2 and with it, tons of new features are getting added to the game. The additions will include a new weapon, time-limited event mode and other significant improvements.
The developers have added a new gun named FAMAS after a long time. This Assault Rifle will run the 5.56mm ammunition and will only appear in Livik. Another big mode named Runic Power will let the players explore a mystic side of PUBG Mobile for a season.
PUBG Mobile is also adding a mystic look to the Royale Pass next season. This pass will be themed as ‘Runic Power’ and will be added to the game with the start of Season 17. The details about PUBG Mobile patch 1.2 are given below.
PUBG Mobile 1.2 update patch notes
New modes, new experiences
Runic Power Gameplay (January 12th, 2021 to March 7th, 2021):
Players will choose their Rune energy type on Spawn Island. After selecting a rune, the players will get two skills. The Rune Abilities are as follows:
- Summon skill – Summons a wheel of flame that rolls forward slowly, dealing burn damage to enemy players it touches.
- Boost skill – Adds a burning effect to your Ammo for a short time.
- Summon skill – Summons an ice wall. Each block of the ice wall can be destroyed separately. When the ice wall appears, it will lift players or vehicles directly above them.
- Boost skill – Adds a freezing effect to Ammo for a short time. Freezing reduces the effectiveness of healing.
- Summon skill – Summons a semi-transparent shield of wind that reduces the damage of bullets shot from outside the shield.
- Boost skill – Increases your movement and reload speed.
Power Armor Mode (Launches in EvoGround on February 5th, 2021)
- Teammates can respawn at research stations
- Power Armor Chest Piece: Reduces chest damage and increases backpack capacity.
- Power Armor Arm Piece: Reduces arm damage and increases melee damage.
- Power Armor Leg Piece: Reduces leg damage and fall damage. Gives a quick dash ability.
- Assembling the full Power Armor set unlocks its ultimate weapon, the Dragon’s Breath Grenade.
- Matrix Event 1: Improved regional supply output.
- Matrix Event 2: Multiple Matrix airdrops and significantly increased supplies in each airdrop.
- Matrix Event 3: Life Detectors in research stations are activated and can be used to detect surrounding players.
Metro Royale: Honor (From January 12th)
- The Newest Chapter
- New Metro Royale Honor System
- New Solo Mode
- Metro Royale Improvements
New firearms, new options
- A new assault rifle that uses 5.56mm Ammo. It can be loaded with 25 rounds, has the fastest Rate of Fire among rifles.
- The FAMAS can be equipped with a Muzzle (Rifles), Scope, and Mag (Rifles).
- Only appears in the Livik Classic Battle Royale map.
Game Performance and Other Improvements
Basic performance improvements
- Improved the loading logic so that backpacks open faster the first time they are opened.
- Improved the power consumption of high-end iOS devices so that devices are less likely to overheat because of PUBG Mobile
- Android users can use the incremental update feature to update game resources, significantly reducing the size of resource downloads needed to start the game.
- New Security Zone updates waiting for you to discover.
- Enhanced the detection for auto-aiming, x-ray vision, long-distance jumping, and movement speed hacks.
- Enhanced detection and protection against unofficial versions of PUBG Mobile client.
Basic Experience Improvements
Sight nodel improvements
- Improved the Holographic Sight, making the model clearer for players.
- Improved the model of the 2× Scope to make it more natural.
Skydiving and landing action improvements
- The landing animation has been improved to better correspond to the speed at which players land.
- Made the landing process smoother.
Feature to cancel reloading
- Tap the shoot button when reloading to stop reloading.
Firearm balancing: Bolt Action Sniper Rifle enhancements
- Increased the damage of the Kar98K and M24.
- Shortened the interval between shots for the Kar98K and M24.
- Slightly increased the bolt action speed of the Kar98K and M24.
Other New Season Content
Royale Pass Season 17: RUNIC POWER (January 19th to March 21st)
- RUNIC POWER themed interface and reward
- RP missions have been overhauled to lower the difficulty while increasing the point rewards
New Cheer Park Theme:
- Runic Power Theme (January 12th to March 7th)
- Dream Team Theme (February 9th to March 7th)
- Subscription Festival (January 13th to January 27th)
Also Read | How to register for PMCO Spring Split 2021.