The latest update from Valve (update 22.214.171.124) CSGO has been rolling out earlier this morning, which replaces Inferno with Nuke in the Duty pool, Prime Match Making introduced and coldzera’s godlike 4K been permanently tattoed onto the B bombsite at Mirage.
The first CS:GO update since before the Major is relatively minor although the largest change will have an immediately noticeable effect on competitive play as it features the rotation of Nuke for Inferno in the Activity Duty pool.
This change likely means that Inferno will go into the map workshop for a bit of a polish and some tweaking from the developers while Nuke will now be played competitively by players around the world, with leagues already announcing it as an official map of play.
Just before yet another Valve major at ESL Cologne, Valve has quickly made this major change of swapping the active map Inferno with Nuke which was reintroduced not a very long time ago. Inferno will be entering back into the map workshop for some tweaking by the developments in the meantime Nuke takes over in Matchmaking and even at official matches as announced by ESL.
— ESL Counter-Strike (@ESLCS) April 22, 2016
Prime Match Making
Other than the map pool changes, Prime Matchmaking has been my curiosity. As stated by Valve:
“CS:GO is running an experiment to find out whether players will have a better matchmaking experience when they are matched with players who are using a phone-linked CS:GO account.
To join the experiment, you’ll need to upgrade your CS:GO account to Prime status. Just click the UPGRADE button below, which will bind your Steam phone number to your CS:GO account (provided it qualifies, see the F.A.Q. below).
If you own multiple CS:GO accounts, be sure to upgrade your favorite one since you can only upgrade one CS:GO account to Prime status with your qualifying phone number.
Once there are enough Prime accounts, we will begin Prime Account Matchmaking and will start prioritizing matching Prime status players with each other.
There’s nothing else you need to do (except convince your friends to click that Upgrade button too so we get enough players to start testing!)”
Graffiti at Mirage B bombsite
Thanks valve ?❤️ pic.twitter.com/asdgu7q9Pu
— coldzera (@coldzera) April 22, 2016
The Legendary Coldzera 4K at MLG Columbus Major
Full update Log 126.96.36.199
- Adjusted Spectator Graphs: Replaced HSP and economy stats with Enemies Flashed and Utility Damage.
- Added main menu UI to register for a new beta.
- Various bug and exploit fixes
- Moved Nuke to the Active Duty map group.
- Moved Inferno to the Reserves map group.
- Updated a Wildfire mission (YOINK!) for the bonus condition to use Santorini instead of Nuke.
- demoinfogo tool code is now available on GitHub and no longer ships as part of SDK.
- https://github.com/ValveSoftware/csgo-demoinfo, patches welcome.
- demoinfogo includes a GitHub fix for PlayerInfo being retrieved with wrong Entity if players reconnect during the match demo (Thanks rchh!).
- Changed default value for cvar sv_quota_stringcmdspersecond=16 to make community servers that don’t actively configure this setting run with a more conservative command rate limit.