Many Valorant players have been experiencing game crashes. This can be deeply annoying due to the fact that it is repetitive, which hinders you from enjoying the game as much as you would otherwise.
As it turns out, third-party applications or outdated graphics drivers can cause this problem. You can experience a crash at any point in the game, from the main screen right through to in-game play. This issue has affected many individuals, thus we will discuss several approaches to resolve it in this article.
As it turns out, the solution to the difficulty that you are having can be different for each system, just as we said earlier. Third-party interference and obsolete display drivers are not the only issues.
Do This If Windows Can’t Access Valorant Files
Fix 1 – Gain access permission for Valorant
- Step 1 – Right-click Valorant and select Properties
- Step 2 – Go to Group or User names to check your permissions
- Step 3 – Click on Edit to choose the permissions you need (full control, modify, read, write, or special permissions).
- Step 4 – Launch Valorant and check if it works.
Fix 2 – Check Valorant’s location
Make sure the game location is accessible. Here’s how to do that:
- Step 1 – Right-click on Valorant and click Properties
- Step 2 – Select the General tab and check the file path — it needs to be the correct path
- Step 3 – Still under the General tab, check if there is any mention such as This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer next to security. If there is, check the Unblock checkbox
- Step 4 – Reboot your computer and try to run the game again.
Recreate Valorant’s shortcut
This problem may also occur if the location of Valorant’s shortcut path changed. In this case, you need to create a new game shortcut that points to the current game location.
- Step 1 – Click on an empty space on your desktop
- Step 2 – Select New → Shortcut
- Step 3 – Add Valorant by following this path: Riot Games\VALORANT\Live\Binaries\Win64\VALORANT
and hit Next. The path might be slightly different depending on your configuration
- Step 4 – Name the new shortcut and hit Finish.
Fix 3 – Disable interfering software
If there are any programs blocking Windows from accessing Valorant’s files, this method will help you solve the problem.
Start with your antivirus. Perhaps the antivirus is blocking the game. Maybe your security software temporarily blocked some of the game files.
Or maybe you installed other programs which are incompatible with Valorant. To fix this, you can clean boot your computer or disable background processes using the Task Manager.
We hope something helps.