After months of fans complaining about how broken the Operator in Valorant is, Riot Games has finally decided to hit the sniper rifle with some heavy nerfs.
Valorant patch 1.09 has delivered a plethora of new changes to the game, including agent adjustments, weapon accuracy changes, competitive and social changes, bug fixes, and the much-anticipated Operator nerf.
While players have been asking for the Operator to get nerfed for a while now, however, some fans have already started to feel that the Operator nerfs in patch 1.09 are a little too brutal.
Here are the changes the weapon saw in the latest patch:
- The price of the Operator has been increased from 4500 to 5000.
- Scoped movement speed has been reduced from 76% to 72%
- Weapon dead zone from becoming inaccurate has been increased to 30% movement speed from 15% which implies that the weapon will become inaccurate sooner, and become accurate later when stopping.
- Firing-rate has been reduced quite a bit from .75 to .6
- Instant equip time has been increased from 0.3 to 0.5.
- Leg shot damage has been reduced from 127 to 120.
Some of these changes are surely welcome by the community, but some seem to be reducing its effectiveness in combat quite harshly. The changes were primarily directed to reducing the Operator’s synergy with Jett‘s incredible mobility, which was proving to be incredibly difficult to deal with in higher ranks.
What do you think of these Operator nerfs? Try them out in-game and let others know through the comments below.