While Fortnite is one of the most popular online battle royale games right now, a big responsibility comes to Epic Games regarding players’ security. The developers have already declared that players’ security is their top priority by introducing two-factor authentication or 2FA in Fortnite as the number of hacking attacks and data breaches is increasing day by day.
Developed by Epic Games, Fortnite is an online multiplayer battle royale game that is available on all platforms.
Without wasting time, let’s check out how to turn on two-factor authentication or 2FA and make your Fortnite account more secure:
How to enable Two Factor Authentication (2FA) in Fortnite?
The 2FA is a very implicit way to add more security to your Fortnite account. Breaking the 2FA is a hell of a task for hackers. Therefore, you should turn 2FA on right now on your Fortnite account.
Follow the steps mentioned below to enable 2FA on your Fortnite account:
- At first, click here and sign in with your Fortnite account.
- After logging in, go to the top-right corner on your Username and then click on Account.
- Then go to the Password & Security section and you will find out the Two-factor authentication option.
Note: You can enable 2FA with any one of these three methods: Email Authentication, SMS Authentication, and Authenticator App.
- Email Authentication: Once you receive the verification code to your registered email, enter it and continue. After that, click on Done.
- SMS Authentication: At first, you need to select your country code and then enter your phone number. Then click on Send Code and enter the code you received through SMS on your phone. Once you are done, click on Activate.
- Authenticator App: With this method, you need to install an authenticator app at first. After opening the app scan the QR code. Enter the verification code visible on the authenticator app. Then enter it and click on Activate.