PUBG Mobile has released the patch notes for its upcoming Patch 1.2 update. These patch notes have revealed that PUBG Mobile is getting two new modes in the new version. These modes will be time-limited and will add a layer of mysticism to the game. Players could use empowered abilities and weaponry for this mode. These new modes in PUBG Mobile 1.2 update are named ‘Runic Power’ and ‘Power Armor’ and their details are given below.
PUBG Mobile has been adding some new modes alongside the classic game mode to diversify the experience for its players. After adding Rage Gear, the pace of adding new stuff was slowed down until the game added several new modes with each subsequent season. The latest mode added was known as ‘Metro Royale‘.
PUBG Mobile Patch 1.2 New Modes:
In the upcoming season 17 of PUBG Mobile, the theme is going to be ‘Runic Power’ and in this patch, players could add an element of a twist to their matches by using several unique buffs throughout the games. The first mode that will be added is known as ‘Runic Power’.
Runic Power Mode details
Players can enjoy some magical skills in this mode. PUBG Mobile is adding this mode for the next season and in it, one can select a type of ‘Rune’ at the start of each match. After selecting a rune on the spawn island, players can then access the unique skills of those specific runes during the matches.
The Rune Abilities are as follows:
- Summon skill – Summons a wheel of flame that rolls forward slowly, dealing burn damage to enemy players it touches.
- Boost skill – Adds a burning effect to your Ammo for a short time.
- Summon skill – Summons an ice wall. Each block of the ice wall can be destroyed separately. When the ice wall appears, it will lift players or vehicles directly above them.
- Boost skill – Adds a freezing effect to Ammo for a short time. Freezing reduces the effectiveness of healing.
- Summon skill – Summons a semi-transparent shield of wind that reduces the damage of bullets shot from outside the shield.
- Boost skill – Increases your movement and reload speed.
The chances of this mode getting added to the ranked matches are very low but if that happens, players can gain numerous advantages in their games by accessing certain abilities at crucial moments.
Power Armor Mode
This mode will be added to the Evoground section and hence, players can play it casually. Similar to other modes added in Evoground, the Power Armor mode provides a wide range of features like respawns, armors, and much more.
In this mode, players will have to search for several fragments of the armor to completely activate a full-body armor. There are three pieces to this armor; the arm, leg, and chest piece. After fully completing the armor, one can unlock its ultimate ability called as Dragon’s Breathe Grenade. Each individual piece also grants a certain buff to those parts, the details are given below.
- Power Armor Chest Piece: Reduces chest damage and increases backpack capacity.
- Power Armor Arm Piece: Reduces arm damage and increases melee damage.
- Power Armor Leg Piece: Reduces leg damage and fall damage. Gives a quick dash ability.
These are the two new modes coming to PUBG Mobile very soon. The ‘Runic Power’ mode will start from 12th January to 7th March and the ‘Power Armor’ mode will be added to Evoground on 5th February for an indefinite amount of time. Make sure to play these time-limited modes when they are available.
Also Read | PUBG Mobile 1.2 update patch notes