With over 26.2 million unique players in April 2020 (30% surge) and the game peaking at 1.3 million concurrent players breaking Dota 2’s all-time high record, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is a game that has lived for ages and seems to flourish further. A possible explanation behind the soaring numbers could be the COVID-19 pandemic and the succeeding lockdown but the developers deserve equal credits nevertheless.
Unlike a few games, CS:GO is highly open structured and community driven. The players can design maps, skins, music kits, etc. in the Community Workshop on Steam; if approved, the submissions are materialized in the game. The Counter-Strike franchise has a loyal and strong user base and that is the reason why even after nearly two decades, the fans have not ditched the game.
Amongst thousands of loyal users, one such lad has developed a distinctive yet blissful game mode where the users can play table tennis on a CS:GO server. The game mode, or rather the map, can be played in a 1vs1 or a 2vs2 scenario. “It’s really impressive how the CS community still comes up with new ideas,” commented a user on Reddit.
Here’s how to play table tennis in CS:GO with your friends online:
- Open Steam. Go to the Community tab at the top and click on Workshop.
- Subscribe to this map on the Workshop and wait for the Steam client to download it.
- Run CS:GO, click on “Play CS:GO” at the top left.
- In the drop down tab at the top, select Workshop Maps and then select the Table Tennis map.
- Invite your friends and press on the GO tab at the bottom.