The official patch notes of Valorant Episode 4 Act 1 have been revealed by Riot Games, and the upcoming patch is set to introduce a plethora of new content to the tactical shooter.
Alongside the highly anticipated new agent Neon, Valorant Episode 4 will also bring alongside it a new Battle Pass, competitive changes, map updates and more. If you’re looking to know more about what the next update will bring to the title, we have you covered.
Here’s everything you need to know about the Valorant Episode 4 Act 1 update.
Valorant Patch Notes 4.0:
Here are the patch notes of the upcoming Valorant update as revealed by Riot:
Neon goes live!
See her abilities Here.
- Right click hitboxes are now 1.5x larger. Left click hitboxes are now larger than a right click and have a slightly longer range too.
- Targets closer to the center of your knife attacks will get hit first, so you still have precision if you need it.
- Bonus: Knifing walls now have instant feedback when slicing up walls (predicted on the client side)
- Firing error occurs at earlier bullet stages
- For example, instead of errors occurring at bullets 4, 7, 10 (in terms of firing order) they will instead happen at bullets 3, 6, 8
- Increased pitch and yaw (vertical and horizontal) recoil multipliers when running/jumping/on ascender from 1.25 >>> 1.5
- Protected bullet count from yaw (horizontal) switching while spraying, decreased 8 >>> 5 bullets
- Lowering time to switch yaw from .24 >>> .18 seconds
- While spraying, the time you have until you could switch yaws (horizontal movement) again is lower, meaning it can happen more often
- Removed spin up
- Firing rate increased from 10 >>> 13
- Removed firing rate penalty on ADS (Aiming Down Sight)
- Added an extra bullet before it enters a recovery curve
- Hip fire rate increased 9.5 >>> 10
- Recovery on burst fire improved from .4 >>> .35
- Inaccuracy is accrued any time the weapon is re-fired prior to a complete duration of a weapon’s respective Gun Recovery Time. Lower recovery time should improve burst fire efficiency.
- The double stack of cover at short A has been changed to remove a very powerful
- one-way smoke location that made the area a little too difficult for Attackers to approach.
- Sentinels will still be able to clog the space, but the new layout should open a few options for attackers pushing in.
- There’s also a small, new bench for a mix up when taking that first peek.
- Increased the width of the A Main choke and removed 50/50s (where you must choose one of two locations an opponent may be located)
- Added a stack of two crates in cave
- Adjusted cover on the back of A Site and extended the pool to the far wall
- Adjusted curved wall in mid
- Added cover to the pillar on B Site, blocked off the back site with a new wall, and added a stack of crates to B Wall
- Door on B can no longer be reactivated until it is finished opening or closing
- Starting with Patch 4.0, accounts that have yet to play in Ranked are required to reach account level 20 level before they are able to enter the Competitive queue
- For those that have not yet reached account level 20, but have already played in Competitive queue, you will still be able to play in ranked.
- Fixed an issue where the Signature Kill Counter was not updating visually
- Coaches should no longer experience the issue where swapping targets with number keys + mouse clicks occasionally fails.