The Steam Deck finally comes out later this month with the anticipation finally on the horizon to be fulfilled. Today we share a report about some titles which are due to be featured in Valve’s handheld gaming device.
Announced in July 2021, the community would finally get their hands on the forthcoming Steam Deck, a portable PC device that is said to handle a plethora of games that you run on your PC powered by a powerful interface rounded out by the fusion of the AMD Zen 2 CPU and an RDNA 2 based graphics processing unit. Most recently a steam user scrabbled through the SteamDB in a bid to shed light on the games which have been given the nod by Steam for their console.
The data surfaced by this anonymous user has a verified list of 266 games, among which are a set of 116 games all ready to play on the Steam Deck provided if you have the ownership of the same although this data hasn’t yet been made official as of now. You can take a look at this list to get detailed knowledge about the titles in the queue waiting to be launched along with this handheld console. The rest titles still await verification, to be deployed on the same.
In addition to the above, there will be different tiers of the Verified games for the Steam Deck starting from the highest tier i.e. indeed the “Verified” till the “Unknown” tier. You can find the list of all the tiers present at the moment right below.
- Verified: Games under this tier have passed all sorts of test runs and compatibility checks. They will be made available to play from day 1 without making any tweaks or adjustments.
- Playable: The Playable tier might need you to make changes to your game while playing the latter although they will be a part of the Verified list.
- Unsupported: Titles in the Unsupported category failed the tests run by Valve and won’t be available on the Steam Deck.
- Unknown: Valve is yet to test run the games under the Unknown tier, with their compatibility yet to be determined.
Just 116 games out of the list of 266 have been verified by Valve while a list of 40 games has been ruled out as unsupported. Among the 116 verified titles are DEATH STRANDING, God Of War, and Dark Souls III.
STEAM DECK SPECIFICATIONS
- Processor: AMD APU Zen 2 4c/8t, 2.4-3.5GHz (up to 448 GFlops FP32)
- GPU: 8 RDNA 2 CUs, 1.0-1.6GHz (up to 1.6 TFlops FP32)
- APU power: 4-15W
- RAM 16 GB LPDDR5 RAM (5500 MT/s)
- Storage 64 GB eMMC (PCIe Gen 2 x1)
- 256 GB NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen 3 x4)
- 512 GB high-speed NVMe SSD (PCIe Gen 3 x4)
- All models include high-speed microSD card slot
- Resolution 7 inch 1280 x 800px (16:10 aspect ratio) LCD Touchscreen
- Operating System SteamOS 3.0 (Arch-based)
- Other: Bluetooth Bluetooth 5.0 (support for controllers, accessories, and audio)
- Wi-Fi Dual-band Wi-Fi radio, 2.4GHz and 5GHz, 2 x 2 MIMO, IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 6-Axis IMU Gyro sensor
- 40Whr battery. 2 – 8 hours of gameplay
The shipments of the Steam Deck will start at the end of February to those who had already turned in their deposit.