The second day of the first event saw the field move to the Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari, also known as Imola. Blakeley lost the title 2021 as this was where he let loose his hopes and dreams.
The Scot, fresh from winning the season opener Wednesday night around Bahrain’s digital incarnation on Wednesday, had to resist intense pressure once again in order to win. Blakeley was pushed all the way to victory by Marcel Kiefer from Red Bull Racing Esports. The German never got a chance.
It is a great achievement to win the first two races in a season. Brendon Leigh and David Tonizza did it in 2018 and 2019. Blakeley, who already holds a 29-point advantage after just two races, was crowned the year’s favourite driver.
Kiefer, the race leader in the past, put up a good fight to finish second. Frede Rasmussen was home for the double-Red Bull podium. The Dane recovered brilliantly from a crash during qualifying.
F1 ESPORTS SERIES PRO CHAMPIONSHIP 2022, ROUND 2, IMOLA RESULTS
- Lucas Blakeley – McLaren Shadow – 42:00.537
- Marcel Kiefer – Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Esports – +0.469
- Frederik Rasmussen – Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Esports – +1.132
- Thomas Ronhaar – Haas F1 Team Esports – +3.216
- Daniel Moreno – Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Esports – +4.027
- Matthijs van Erven – Haas F1 Team Esports – +4.453
- Bardia Boroumandgohar – McLaren Shadow – +4.804
- David Tonizza – Scuderia Ferrari Velas Esports – +10.127
- Alvaro Carreton – Williams Esports – +11.702
- Jarno Opmeer – Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Esports – +11.829