Dota 2’s major update just landed on Steam which is sized at about 500MB. This update adds a new hero to the already wide-ranging list of 120 Heroes after Hoodwink was introduced (now 121 after update 7.29).
Dawnbreaker is a tank carry and melee-type hero that has the ability to heal her allies.
Here’s an introduction on Dota 2’s official blog:
- Dawnbreaker shines in the heart of battle, happily crushing enemies with her celestial hammer and using the energy released to heal nearby allies. At one with the mass of her weapon, she revels in hurling her hammer through multiple foes and then converging with it in a blazing wake. Created to rival ancient forces of chaos and darkness by descendants of the first light, Dawnbreaker only taps her true cosmic power to fly to the aid of her teammates — eager to rout her enemies on the battlefield no matter where they may be.
She possesses a total of four abilities with one of them being a passive ability, her abilities are as follows:
- Starbreaker: A point target ability where “Dawnbreaker whirls her hammer around 3 times, damaging enemies with her attack plus bonus damage. On the final strike, she smashes her hammer down, stunning and damaging enemies in front of her.”
- Celestial Hammer: Another point target ability, “Dawnbreaker hurls her weapon at a target, damaging enemies struck along the way. The hammer pauses for 2.0 seconds at the destination before flying back to her, leaving a trail of fire that slows enemies. Dawnbreaker can recall the hammer at any time, pulling her towards it so they meet in the middle.”
- Luminosity: A passive ability, where Dawnbreaker charges up after 3 attacks which charge “her next attack with a critical hit that heals all allied heroes within 650 units around her for a portion of attack damage dealt. Creeps and neutral enemies provide less healing. Allies are healed for 35% of the amount.” This ability can pierce spell immunity.
- Solar Guardian: This is her ultimate ability, “Dawnbreaker creates a pulsing effect at a location within 350 units of an allied hero anywhere on the map, damaging enemies and healing allies with each pulse. After a short duration, she flies to the target location, dealing additional damage and stunning enemies upon landing. Once channeled, Dawnbreaker cannot stop the ability.”
Patch 7.29 also features a redesigned terrain which changes the placement of power and bounty runes, outposts, ward cliffs, and general foliage. All Tier 1 and Tier 2 areas have considerable changes in this newer version.
Items such as Necronomicon and Royal Jelly have been removed, while Abyssal Blade no longer has a blink effect and the current line-up of heroes have gone through changes as well and one of the most notable differences in this update is that Crystal Maiden can now move freely during her ultimate “Freezing Field” ability, provided you have purchased a shard upgrade.