With the recent release of Sony’s PlayStation 5 on November 12th, thousands of users are seeking the proper method to set up the PlayStation VR on it. While it’s not as simple as setting it up on PS4, it’s quite easy once you know how to do it. Read on to find out how you set up the PSVR on PS5.
Firstly, you’ll need a special adapter to be able to connect your PSVR to your PS5. While these adapters aren’t sold in stores, you can fill up a form at the PlayStation support website and it’ll be shipped to your home.
Once you have your special adapter, follow these steps:
- Plug the adapter into the back of your PS5
- Put the camera’s USB cable into the other end
- Place the camera in your desired position
- Connect one HDMI cable from your PS5 to the PSVR
- Connect another HDMI cable from the TV to the PSVR
- Use the connecting cable inside the PSVR kit to connect the PS5 with the slot to the right of the HDMI inputs
- Connect the headset to the front of the PSVR. Match the PlayStation symbols on the wires to the slots they’re plugged into.
That’s all you need to do. Now you have successfully set up your PSVR with your PlayStation 5.