The last Valorant patch before the much-anticipated Episode 3 of the tactical shooter by Riot is here, and while it’s not that big of a patch as many fans expected, it aims to bring some much-needed performance improvements and bug fixes to the title.
For starters, the Replication game mode has made a return to Valorant and it has replaced Escalation for the time being.
Other than that, several optimizations has been made to the abilities, equipment, and weapons to increase the Client framerate by 1% on average for medium-high spec computers.
Also, a new search bar has been added to the leaderboard that will enable players to search by name.
You can read the full list of changes in Riot Games’ official blog post here.
The developers have termed this update as ‘the quiet before the Episode 3 storm,’ so players can expect some big changes coming soon as a part of the next update.
- Added a Leaderboard search bar to help you find players by name
- Replication is back as part of our modes rotation and will replace Escalation for now
- Improved Client framerate by 1% on average for medium to high spec machines by optimizing abilities, equipment, and weapons in the your inventory
- Optimized Agent and Environment mesh clipping calculations
GAME SYSTEM UPDATES
- Fixed fonts for various regional languages to improve readability
- Updated ping wheel and radio wheel to ignore non-movement inputs while the wheel is displayed
- Fixed an animation issue with abnormal hand positions while equipping weapons
- Fixed an issue where Reyna couldn’t sell then rebuy Dismiss ability during Buy Phase
- Fixed a bug that was causing an infinite load symbol while viewing a friend’s career.
- Fixed several Leaderboard UI bugs.
- In the model viewer, a hitch is caused by the Sharpening setting interacting with MSAA
- If you encounter this, we advise that you toggle off the Sharpening setting until we can ship a fix.