Earlier today, the patch notes of the highly anticipated Valorant 2.06 were accidentally revealed early by Riot Games in the official Valorant website. While the patch notes were taken down soon enough, fans were able to take a sneak peek at what’s to come in the upcoming major Valorant update.
The first huge change that caught the attention of Valorant players worldwide was the implementation of HRTF audio to the tactical shooter. This feature is already present in other popular shooters like CSGO and helps players to identify the positions of enemies more precisely.
However, players often prefer playing shooters with HRTF turned off, so there’ll likely be an option in-game to turn off HRTF audio for uninterested players.
Valorant patch 2.06 will introduce significant buffs to the duelist Yoru and the controller Viper, two of the least picked agents in the game in higher ranks.
- Enemies that cross through Viper’s Poison Cloud, Toxic Screen, orcViper’s Pit are instantly inflicted with at least 50 decay. Their decay level
- increases the longer they remain in contact with toxin.
- While in cloud, Decay over time decreased 15 >>> 10
- When out of Viper’s cloud, delay before health regen decreased 2.5 >>> 1.5
Poison Cloud (Q)
- Can now immediately be redeployed when picked up, but grants a temporary charge instead of a permanent charge
- If active when Viper dies, Poison Cloud now remains up for an additional 2 seconds, or until Viper runs out of fuel.
- Pickup distance increased 200 >>> 400
Toxic Screen (E)
- If active when Viper dies, Toxic Screen now remains up for an additional 2 seconds before deactivating
- Equip time decreased 1.1 >>> .8
- Flash activation time decreased 0.8>>> 0.6 seconds
- Flash duration increased from 1.1>>>1.5
- Gatecrash is no longer refreshed on kills and is instead replenished every
- Lifetime of the Gatecrash fragment increased 20 seconds >>> 30 seconds
- The range at which the Gatecrash fragment is revealed from stealth decreased 7m >>> 4m
- Visuals for visibility range added to the moving fragment
Dimensional Drift (X)
- Ult Points reduced 7 >>> 6
- Yoru can now reactivate Gatecrash while in Dimensional Drift
Some other changes about to arrive in patch 2.06 includes a revamp to Bucky, competitive changes, and a lot more.