Valve, the developers of Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test, have released their first update to the game two days after its launch. The update includes various bug fixes and adjustments to audio, graphics, and gameplay.
One of the most notable changes is the addition of the weapon drop sound to the new feature, which displays on the minimap how far various actions from the player can be heard. Valve also reduced the ringing effect of flashbangs in response to feedback that it was too loud, along with some ambient sounds on Dust2.
In terms of gameplay updates, bullet holes in smokes will now appear consistently for everyone and will be fixed to the first-person camera, regardless of viewmodel settings. This change eliminates the competitive advantage that players had previously by setting the viewmodel closer to the middle.
Valve has also fixed various bugs related to smokes, picking up weapons while dead, and voice-related issues, as stated in the changelog. Moreover, the developers have added the command net_graph for players who enjoyed having it on in CS:GO.
CS2 Update Today
Overall, the update is aimed at improving the overall experience of the game and ensuring fair gameplay. Players can access the full changelog for the March 24 update on the game’s official website.
- Fixed common asserts.
- Removed Trade-Up contract UI for Limited Test.
- Fixed multiple items showing up in the inspect panel.
[ Audio ]
- Use correct audio device name when user picks “default” device.
- Added weapon drop sounds to minimap distance broadcast.
- Lowered volume of some dust2 ambience.
- Added some missing ui sounds.
- Lowered volume of flashbang ringing and volume ducking effect.
- Reduced stereo spread of grenade explosions.
- Fixed phasing with deathmatch kill bonus sound.
[ Game ]
- Fixed various game crashes.
- Smoke bullet holes are now fixed relative to the firstperson camera.
- Smoke grenades dropped in small crevices no longer detonate on the incorrect side of thin walls.
- Players can no longer pick up weapons while dead during a competitive match.
- Fixed dropping weapons during the team intro.
- Fixed +voicerecord getting stuck on when held during team intro and released after.
- Chat messages sent during end of match no longer show players as DEAD if they were dead at the end of the last round.
- Fixed handling game input keys such as +voicerecord while panorama has focus.
- Added netgraph.
[ Graphics ]
- Fixed flickering with MSAA.
- Fixed smoke cloud volume lighting.
- Fixed stencil issue on glass when MSAA is disabled.
- Updated various weapon finishes based on community feedback.
In conclusion, the Counter-Strike 2 Limited Test has received its first update, which brings various bug fixes and gameplay adjustments. Valve aims to enhance the gaming experience and provide fair gameplay to its players.