Video Game addiction among minors and teenagers is a common problem throughout the world. Even after organizations like WHO have acknowledged the fact, many people are unaware of its existence to this day. Controlling this sort of addiction can be difficult without proper and strict measures to deal with it, and it seems like China is setting an example by implementing anti-addiction measures in the Perfect World CSGO client.
These anti-addiction measures also put strict restrictions on overspending money on games, another major problem a lot of gamers face.
The Chinese CSGO National Service has informed the players about the new changes through their blog, which roughly translates to:
Dear player, According to the National Press and Publication Administration’s ‘Notice on Preventing Minors from Indulging in Online Games’, in order to promote healthy games for teenagers, CSGO has officially opened a new anti-addiction system. After the anti-addiction takes effect, the account binding identity information is a minor Of players logging into the game will be subject to the following restrictions.
Here are the new measures implemented to the Perfect World CSGO client.
- The hours when underage players are able to play the game have been restricted from 8 am to 10 pm.
- Minors are only allowed to play for a maximum of 1.5 hours a day, which will be extended to 3 hours during legal holidays.
- Players under the age of 8 will not be able to add any money to their Perfect World wallets.
- Players between the ages of 8 and 16 will be able to do a maximum daily recharge of 50 yuan, till a monthly maximum of 200 yuan.
- Players between the ages of 16 and 18 will be able to do a maximum daily recharge of 100 yuan, till a monthly maximum of 400 yuan.
The blog post then concludes by saying, “CSGO national service will strictly abide by relevant regulations and protect the healthy growth of young people. Thank you for your understanding and support.”