Riot Games is currently working on patch 5.07 for the Valorant game. The game’s developers have hinted at the possibility of character alterations being made in the State of the Agents, and such alterations may soon be made available in the live version of the game.
Despite the lack of a release date, readers may get a sense of the modifications coming to Valorant from the PBE notes.
Riot Games has big plans for Valorant and plans to make the game even better. At this time, much of the focus is being directed toward the agents, specifically Reyna, Kay/O, Skye, and Yoru.
It is anticipated that they will benefit from the new adjustments. On September 23 at 4:00 p.m. PDT/ 4:30 a.m. IST, the 5.07 Public Beta Environment became live.
Within the PBE version, 5.07 are Valorant’s Reyna, Yoru, Skye, and KAY/O.
The developers said numerous Duelists with flash powers have been exceeded by Initiators in flash kills. Skye and KAY/O are better at aggressive 1v1s than Yoru, Phoenix, or Reyna, who the devs expect to thrive.
Keeping this in mind, the devs have decided to make some significant and long-overdue adjustments to the Agents. These modifications are intended to make Skye and KAY/collaboration O’s more effective while simultaneously reducing the effectiveness of both when employed separately.
Riot Games also wants to increase the incentive for players to spend more time perfecting their flash skills, and they plan to do this by adding new flash talents. The developers consider Initiators should be able to use flashes solo as Duelists, although they should be weaker. Two of the Skye and KAY/O modifications are missing from this PBE build but will be in Patch 5.07.
The following is a list of the alterations that Riot Games is experimenting with for the Initiators:
- Guiding Light (E) flashbang scaling paradigm changed
- The max flash duration of Skye’s Guiding Light now scales from 1.25s to 2.25s over a .75s charge up after being cast
- Guiding Light can no longer be shot and destroyed
- New VFX, UI, and sounds added to communicate new gameplay intent
- [Not in PBE] Unequip Delay out of Guiding Light increased .75s >>> .85s
- Underhand (right-click) flashbang max duration decreased 2s>>>1.25s
- Overhand (left-click) flashbang max duration increased 2s>>>2.25s
- [Not in PBE] Unequip Delay out of both flashes decreased .6s >>> .85s
Reyna and Yoru
Here are the changes that the devs are testing for the Duelists in Valorant:
- Wind-up of nearsight effect increased .6s >>> .4s
- Range Restriction on Leer removed
- Nearsight unequip delay decreased: .7 >>> .5
- Nearsight unequip delay set to “Instant”
- Duration decreased 2.6s >>> 2.0
- BLINDSIDE (Q) duration increased 1.5s >>>1.75s
- Flash Visual Updates
- 3P visuals for flashed enemies and allies now render behind the player’s head the moment that the flash starts to fade. This should give a clearer indication if players are full flashed or if the flash has started to fade.
- 1P visuals, when fully flashed, now shrink overtime to give a better indication of when the full flash will end and the flash fading out will begin.
- Increased the window for awarding assists on flashes, nearsights, and concusses from one >>> three seconds after the debuff starts to fade.
Bug fixes in PBE :
Valorant Agent bug fixes that are introduced in the PBE are mentioned below:
- Fixed issue where KAY/O’s NULL/CMD disabled Killjoy’s Turret if the turret is hit by a pulse, but Killjoy is not.
- Fixed issue where Killjoy’s Turret fires straight forward after firing at an enemy and then losing sight of them.
- Fixed issue where Killjoy’s Turret would fire with no target when coming online if it was disabled while firing at a target.
- Fixed a bug where Phoenix would not automatically re-equip a weapon at the end of Run It Back.
- Fixed Breach’s Rolling Thunder showing dead enemies hit in the combat report.
- Fixed issue where if a player was deafened by multiple sources when the first deafen ended, it removed the deafening effect completely.
- Reduced the size of the hologram on the body marker that shows up when dead bodies are turned off.
Updates to the Progression system in Valorant are mentioned below:
Favorites and filters :
- Added the ability to favorite gun skins, Player cards, Sprays, Gun Buddies, and level borders (favorites persist until un-favorited)
- Added the ability to filter your collection (filters persist until next login)
- Gun skins: Owned/Unowned, Favorites/Non-Favorites, Tiers (Select, Deluxe, Premium, Ultra, Exclusive)
- All others: Owned/Unowned, Favorites/Non-Favorites
Random favorites :
- In addition to being able to sort through your weapon collection and set your favorite weapons, you can now equip the Random Favorite for every weapon type. This will ensure that each game you play, you get one of your favorite weapons, along with one of the variants that you own, at random every time you enter a match.