Twitch, the leading live streaming platform, is all set to roll out its annual SUBtember event for 2023. This much-anticipated event is a boon for viewers, offering them enticing discounts on long-term subscriptions to their cherished creators. But what exactly does SUBtember 2023 entail, and how can viewers make the most of it?
SUBtember’s Grand Return
As the calendar flips to September, Twitch enthusiasts have a reason to rejoice. SUBtember is back, promising viewers a month-long window of discounted subscriptions to their preferred creators. The event kicks off on September 1 and runs through October 1, presenting a spectrum of deals, especially for those eyeing long-term subscription plans.
Twitch’s announcement sheds light on the specifics of these discounts. Notably:
- Broad Applicability: The discounts aren’t just for new subscribers. Those wishing to extend their current monthly subscriptions by three or six months or upgrade from a Tier 1 to Tier 2 or Tier 3 subscription can also avail of the reduced rates.
- Prime and Gift Sub Holders: If you’re holding a Prime or Gift Sub and are considering transitioning to a recurring subscription, you’re in luck. The discounts apply to you too!
- Ensuring Fairness for Streamers: Twitch has ensured that streamers’ earnings remain unaffected. Regardless of the discounted rate, streamers will receive their usual share, be it a 50/50 or 70/30 split, based on their participation in the Partner Program.
For those eager to know the exact numbers:
- 1-month subscriptions come with a 25% discount.
- Opting for a 3-month subscription? Enjoy a 25% reduction.
- The best deal is on the 6-month subscriptions, boasting a 30% discount.
However, certain subscriptions don’t qualify for these discounts, such as existing recurring subscriptions, those canceled and repurchased in September, and new Turbo subscriptions, to name a few.
For those keen on leveraging SUBtember’s offerings, the event commences on August 31 at 10AM PT and concludes on October 1 at 12AM PT.